Will Tom Brady Become The Greatest...

mdonnelly21

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Tom Brady Wins A SB Will He Be The Greatest Sports Player Of All Time?

• Already is
    • Yes
    • No

Just now, 3rivers said:

could add Nicklaus, nobody will touch his records. Tiger looked to get close but that is done. 

Golf does not count. If golf counts Nascar counts. And Nascar doesn't count. 

And if we go down that road I'm calling Secretariat the greatest athlete of all time. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I think this is the correct answer. Clone Marino and put him on that 2001 Patriots team at 23 years old. Would be interesting. 

and what if Marino played in todays game ? f there was ever a QB that would have had a field day with the new nfl rules, it would have ben Marino. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I think this is the correct answer. Clone Marino and put him on that 2001 Patriots team at 23 years old. Would be interesting. 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

and what if Marino played in todays game ? f there was ever a QB that would have had a field day with the new nfl rules, it would have ben Marino. 

Efficiency matters more in this era and Dan Marino was not the most efficient QB even in his era.

Muhammad Ali has to be up there.
Wilt Chamberlain did truly incredible things for his era and if I had to pick one athlete in any sport that would have been era-proof, it's Wilt.
Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, etc etc for basketball as well.
Nicklaus is another.
Also, the fact that Serena Williams hasn't been mentioned yet is a bit sad.  Arguably the greatest tennis player, much less female tennis player, of all time.
Speaking of tennis, Roger Federer needs to be included.  He's so good that he is a very well-known by Americans as a non-American in a lesser-known sport.
There are a vast number of baseball players that could be included.
Not to mention any number of soccer players, which, like baseball, is its own debate.

All this said, no sport has a player that is as universally agreed on as the best to ever play his sport as Gretzky.  Plus, his daughters are hot.

4 hours ago, everlong said:

Here's the thing, Brady has 10 other guys that can dilute him. Michael Jordan only had to deal with 4 others. Gretzky had five.

This. For a football player to reach the level of a Michael Jordan or Lebron James in terms of value, legacy, prestige, etc. they'd pretty much need to be the Jerry Rice of QBs. Something like 5 SBs, 5 MVPs, and 8+ all-pro nods. Think Brady and Peyton's accolades combined... this really isn't feasible in today's era of parity.

Lionel Messi and Michael Phelps would come first in my opinion. Then maybe Tom Brady. Ali is not even in the discussion, not even the best boxer of all time. Id take Marciano over Ali any day. Brady would duke it out with Marciano and Gretzky for the #3 spot in my opinion.

1 hour ago, NJniners said:

Lionel Messi and Michael Phelps would come first in my opinion. Then maybe Tom Brady. Ali is not even in the discussion, not even the best boxer of all time. Id take Marciano over Ali any day. Brady would duke it out with Marciano and Gretzky for the #3 spot in my opinion.

Messi over Maradona and Pele etc? He's the best I've ever seen, but he hasn't won a world cup like those two. If we're talking 'greatness' and all.

Archived