Will Tom Brady Become The Greatest...

mdonnelly21

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Tom Brady Wins A SB Will He Be The Greatest Sports Player Of All Time?

• Already is
    • Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Otherwise you look like an idiot.  This started with me pointing out that Brady's defense has allowed an average of 20 points a game in the playoffs.  Aaron Rodgers has not once in his postseason career scored less than 20 points.  Brady has scored less than 20 points 9 times. 

Packers defense has given up an average of 25 points a playoff game. 

The Patriots defense has given up what the Packers defense AVERAGES only 8 times. 

Yer silly.

Still don't care. You stated in your last post you wished the defense let up 5 points less....... So I gave you what would happen in the playoffs if the cheeseheads gave up 5 points.
Still would lose.

How many of the times in those 8 games did they still end up winning?

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Refresh my memory, was that the year the Packers had an out of shape Eddie Lacy, Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis at receiver after Davante Adams, James Jones, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson were all injured? 

Huh.  How many times has Brady had to play a playoff game with his top 4 receiving options out of the game? 

Brady brought his team to the AFCCG in 2013 when they didn't have Gronk, Welker was traded in the offseason and Hernadez murdered somebody effectively taking away his 3 top receiving threats to start the year, beyond that his best RB was fumble machine Stevan Ridley who got benched during the year, Dobson and Thompkins were literal 2 and 3 receiving targets which is absymal, and on defense Mayo (considered their best linebacker) Spikes, and Wilfork were all injured. 

Brady was pulling wins out of his butt all year and was the only reason they were even in an AFCCG that they had no business being near. So yeah cry me a river.

Just now, lancerman said:

Brady brought his team to the AFCCG in 2013 when they didn't have Gronk, Welker was traded in the offseason and Hernadez murdered somebody effectively taking away his 3 top receiving threats to start the year, beyond that his best RB was fumble machine Stevan Ridley who got benched during the year, Dobson and Thompkins were literal 2 and 3 receiving targets which is absymal, and on defense Mayo (considered their best linebacker) Spikes, and Wilfork were all injured. 

Brady was pulling wins out of his butt all year and was the only reason they were even in an AFCCG that they had no business being near. So yeah cry me a river.

But... Wait a minute... Brady lost a game without his top receivers? 

Lol.  You just tried using Rodgers not scoring more than 20 points when he lost Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Jones and had Abbrederis and Janis as his receivers and then you use 2013 as a good example of how Brady is better when Brady scored only 16 points and he had Edleman and Ammendola?

Okay.  Lolololololololololololoollololololololololololololol

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

But... Wait a minute... Brady lost a game without his top receivers? 

Lol.  You just tried using Rodgers not scoring more than 20 points when he lost Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Jones and had Abbrederis and Janis as his receivers and then you use 2013 as a good example of how Brady is better when Brady scored only 16 points and he had Edleman and Ammendola?

Okay.  Lolololololololololololoollololololololololololololol

Brady in 2013 had more of his top receivers and quality receivers gone, was throwing to worse receivers than Rodgers had for his number 2 and 3 options, had his best linebacker gone, another starting linebacker gone, his best defensivelineman gone, and then lost his best CB in that game. Despite all that Brady still got the 2 seed and dragged a much worse team than Rodgers EVER played on to an AFCCG against one of the most productive offenses of all time. Brady faced much more adversity then and he still did better than Rodgers in 2015. Rodgers even in a good situation tends to underachieve. And that's a big reason why the Packers haven't won more in the post season. 

Brady in 2013 had more of his top receivers and quality receivers gone, was throwing to worse receivers than Rodgers had for his number 2 and 3 options, had his best linebacker gone, another starting linebacker gone, his best defensivelineman gone, and then lost his best CB in that game. Despite all that Brady still got the 2 seed and dragged a much worse team than Rodgers EVER played on to an AFCCG against one of the most productive offenses of all time. Brady faced much more adversity then and he still did better than Rodgers in 2015. Rodgers even in a good situation tends to underachieve. And that's a big reason why the Packers haven't won more in the post season. 

How do you keep arguing this point when you clearly lost this point?  Just curious, because Ammendola and Edleman, to me, are better receivers than Janis and Abbrederis. 

1. Which duo is better, Ammendola/Edleman or Abbrederis/Janis?  Just curious.

Best linebacker?  Packers had their best ILB on IR, too. 

Worse team than Rodgers ever played on?  Brady has never had a bottom 20 scoring defense in his career.  Rodgers has had one three times.  Lol.  Danny Ammendola, Julian Edleman and Brandon Lafell are better than anything Rodgers had in 2015 other than Adams, whom he lost in the wild card round.  Keep trying.  Brady has had a better team than Rodgers every single year of their mutual careers except for 2010, the year Rodgers won the Super Bowl. 

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

To be fair, even with the injuries, Pats defense in 2013 was still ranked 10th in PPG, and 10th in takeaways.

How do you keep arguing this point when you clearly lost this point?  Just curious, because Ammendola and Edleman, to me, are better receivers than Janis and Abbrederis. 

1. Which duo is better, Ammendola/Edleman or Abbrederis/Janis?  Just curious.

Best linebacker?  Packers had their best ILB on IR, too. 

Worse team than Rodgers ever played on?  Brady has never had a bottom 20 scoring defense in his career.  Rodgers has had one three times.  Lol.  Danny Ammendola, Julian Edleman and Brandon Lafell are better than anything Rodgers had in 2015 other than Adams, whom he lost in the wild card round.  Keep trying.  Brady has had a better team than Rodgers every single year of their mutual careers except for 2010, the year Rodgers won the Super Bowl. 

You have no room to talk about losing points when your first relevant statement was "I wish Rodgers defense gave up 5 less points" when it's been pointed out it wouldn't have changed a thing. 

Also disengenous points. Amendola got injured that year and was playing in a very limited fashion. And Edelman was just starting to turn into what he would eventually become as a player the last few years and even that was a work in progress. Thompkins and Dobson were viewed as targets on the same level as them that year and they were trash. One just happened to excel because Tom Brady decided to throw to him a million times. 

Brandon Lafell wasn't even on the team that year....

And it doesn't really matter what your ppg is when at some point in the season you lose your top 2 linebackers, your top defensive lineman and in the playoff game you lost you lost your top CB who was your only cornerback worth anything. They were playing with a more banged up defense at that point than any defense Rodgers played against, and they were playing against a SIGNIFICANTLY superior offense than any offense a Rodgers led team ever played against.

You're all over the place and exposing yourself.

You have no room to talk about losing points when your first relevant statement was "I wish Rodgers defense gave up 5 less points" when it's been pointed out it wouldn't have changed a thing. 

You can't follow.  That started when I said the Patriots average 20 points allowed in postseason.  Five points less was meant to read as "average of" 5 points less.  Nice try though.

Also disengenous points. Amendola got injured that year and was playing in a very limited fashion. And Edelman was just starting to turn into what he would eventually become as a player the last few years and even that was a work in progress. Thompkins and Dobson were viewed as targets on the same level as them that year and they were trash. One just happened to excel because Tom Brady decided to throw to him a million times. 

Literally any receivers Brady had in his 2013 game were better than Rodgers had in the 2015 game, and you tried using Rodgers scoring 20 points when Brady scored 16 in better circumstances. 

Brandon Lafell wasn't even on the team that year....

Got me there.  Still, Dobson's 53 career receptions is still 23 more receptions than Abbrederis and Janis have had in their careers.  Combined. 

They were playing with a more banged up defense at that point than any defense Rodgers played against, and they were playing against a SIGNIFICANTLY superior offense than any offense a Rodgers led team ever played against.

So your defense exceeded expectations, huh?  Wonder what that's like. 

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

To be fair, even with the injuries, Pats defense in 2013 was still ranked 10th in PPG, and 10th in takeaways.

And that's in incredibly misleading ranking since those injuries built up over the course Spikes was banged up all year and placed on IR in January, Mayo got injured mid season, Wilfork was injured week 4, and then Talib got injured in that playoff game. The team that was 10th in average  ppg over a 16 game stretch was not indicative of the one that entered that playoff game against that Broncos defense. 

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

48 touchdowns and 5000 yards isn't efficient for a Belichick coached team? :(

back when OL had their hand in the dirt on passing downs, when DL were allowed to KO QB's, contact on WR's were allowed, defenceless WR was not a thought, gloves and one handed catches of today for examples. Rod Woodson said Marino would throw for 10K yards in todays game, I went conservative and 7.5K .  Of course he also never played in a dome stadium half his career like some QB's , but the weather of Miami . 

He doesn't need to play for BB, why not the steelers B|

You want to switch someone out for Thompkins and Dobson? Be my guest. If you think either was anything but a liability, you simply just didn't watch them. They got some stats out of neccessity because their was nobody to throw to besides Edelman.

And no Brady pulled out like 7-8 lategame comebacks during the season. That team very easily could have had a losing record if not for Brady. I forget what the stat was but the games were so close and often came down to the last drive that the Patriots had the potential to either go 16-0 or like 4-12  and it all largely came down to last minute drives by Brady

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

And that's in incredibly misleading ranking since those injuries built up over the course Spikes was banged up all year and placed on IR in January, Mayo got injured mid season, Wilfork was injured week 4, and then Talib got injured in that playoff game. The team that was 10th in average  ppg over a 16 game stretch was not indicative of the one that entered that playoff game against that Broncos defense. 

Fair, but they still held the Broncos to a respectable number of points.

10 hours ago, everlong said:

Here's the thing, Brady has 10 other guys that can dilute him. Michael Jordan only had to deal with 4 others. Gretzky had five.

But the QB is many times more valuable than any other player on the field whereas the five players in basketball and the six players in hockey can all be the most valuable player on a championship team.  I’d say that balances it out.

Hard to compare guys across sports.  Brady already is up there with Gretzky and Jordan.  Not sure a 6th really changes that although it’d be symbolic marching MJ.  I think the one thing at this point that enhances his legacy is if he can truly play to 45 and break all the passing records.  That would be a unique accomplishment in American team sports.

I forget what the stat was but the games were so close and often came down to the last drive that the Patriots had the potential to either go 16-0 or like 4-12  and it all largely came down to last minute drives by Brady

34-20 against the Bills.  Brady had a TD and an INT, 122 yards.
41-7 against the Ravens.  Brady had 1 TD, 172 yards. 
10 point victory against the Dolphins.  Brady had 1 TD, 1 INT, 116 yards. 
197 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT against the Bengals.  Patriots scored 6 points.  Pats defense allowed 13. 
23-3 against the Buccaneers. 
BRady had a 4.7 yard average per attempt against the Jets and scored 13.  Pats defense allowed 10. 
Patriots scored 30 points against the Saints with Brady throwing 1 pick and 1 TD in a Pats win. 

Like, gosh, how did Brady not win MVP that year?

Patriots scored 43 points and allowed 22 points against the Colts in the playoffs.  Brady had 197 yards passing, 0 touchdowns.

Gosh, Tom Brady literally put the team on his back that year.  I don't know how the Patriots possibly made it to the playoffs without those 8 games from Brady.  I think that's also the year that Brady turned water into New England Clam Chowder.  Or was that the next year?  It's hard to tell which year Brady turned the water into Clam Chowder and which year he walked across the Boston Harbor. 

Archived