Who would the Patriots rather Face Pitt or Jacksonville?

mdonnelly21

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would the Patriots rather Face in the AFC Championship?

• Steelers
    • Jaguars

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

The Steelers are just a bit better than the Titans and moved the ball pretty well a month ago against the Pats without Antonio Brown.

I don't think you fully appreciate just how bad Roethlisberger has been in the playoffs over the last 9 years. 

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I don't think you fully appreciate just how bad Roethlisberger has been in the playoffs over the last 9 years. 

You're overstating his recent struggles (past 2-3 years) in the playoffs. The Pats got shredded by a bad Miami offense. I'd say that Playoff Roethlisberger has a good chance to light up New England.

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

You're overstating his recent struggles in the playoffs. The Pats got shredded by a bad Miami offense. I'd say that Playoff Roethlisberger has a good chance to light up New England.

I'm not overstating anything. Since 2009 there have been 12 QBs to attempt 200+ passes in the playoffs. Roethlisberger has the 2nd lowest passer rating among them and he's played poorly even against mediocre defenses.

8 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

You're overstating his recent struggles (past 2-3 years) in the playoffs. The Pats got shredded by a bad Miami offense. I'd say that Playoff Roethlisberger has a good chance to light up New England.

The Pats always play like d!ck in Miami, it's their annual throw away game...nothing new and certainly not a good measuring point for how they'll play in other games

1 hour ago, Starless said:

I'm not overstating anything. Since 2009 there have been 12 QBs to attempt 200+ passes in the playoffs. Roethlisberger has the 2nd lowest passer rating among them and he's played poorly even against mediocre defenses.

In his last 13 games, Roethlisberger has 6 out of 13 with a passer rating > 90.0

Brady had a stretch from the 2005 season through 2013 with 7 out of 17 > 90.0 and more real duds. In their careers, their passer rating in the playoffs is fairly similar (Brady 89.6, Roethlisberger 84.3)

He's not a great playoff QB. I'm in no way making that claim. But you're making him out to be consistently awful, when that's not the case. He's below average sometimes, pretty good sometimes. Brady has had a wider range (higher highs) but Roethlisberger has had plenty of decent playoff games in his career. Enough to make me think he is capable of shredding the Pats secondary if given a chance next Sunday.

Just now, lancerman said:

Ben played good enough against a good defense to deserve to win. Steelers defense crapped the bed. Pats defense won't and I don't fear this defense anymore 

The Jags gave up 14 points on 4th and long plays that I doubt the Pats would've been able to convert the way they did.

The Steelers have considerably more viable offensive weaponry.

Pats will be fine 

Where are the mismatches for them to exploit against the Jags' defense? They have two of the best coverage LBs in the league in Smith and Jack and if Gipson is good to go next week they'll have the best safety tandem the Pats will have faced all season as well. We already know how good their corners are. I just don't see how the Pats are going to be able to move the ball down the field with any consistency against them. I hope I'm wrong but I've watched the Jaguars enough this year to know that the Pats don't match up well against them at all.

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Where are the mismatches for them to exploit against the Jags' defense? They have two of the best coverage LBs in the league in Smith and Jack and if Gipson is good to go next week they'll have the best safety tandem the Pats will have faced all season as well. We already know how good their corners are. I just don't see how the Pats are going to be able to move the ball down the field with any consistency against them. I hope I'm wrong but I've watched the Jaguars enough this year to know that the Pats don't match up well against them at all.

Blake Bortles has only played well against inept defenses. Steelers crapped the bed. Steelers were a far bigger threat 

Blake Bortles has only played well against inept defenses. Steelers crapped the bed. Steelers were a far bigger threat 

Bortles isn't good but I was really impressed with the Jags' offensive gameplan. It really masked his deficiencies.

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

Bortles isn't good but I was really impressed with the Jags' offensive gameplan. It really masked his deficiencies.

It was good but it relied on the Steelers ineptitude and the whole game relied on the Steelers offense not recovering from early mistakes 

Archived