Who would the Patriots rather Face Pitt or Jacksonville?

mdonnelly21

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would the Patriots rather Face in the AFC Championship?

• Steelers
    • Jaguars

Pats defense is going to have to make some stops and/or create some turnovers...I don't see the Pats being able to move consistently against that defense.

I just don't see the skill players on the Pats that the Steelers had that can exploit matchups other than Gronk, but he will surely be the focus of the D. 

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Pats defense is going to have to make some stops and/or create some turnovers...I don't see the Pats being able to move consistently against that defense.

I just don't see the skill players on the Pats that the Steelers had that can exploit matchups other than Gronk, but he will surely be the focus of the D. 

Except for the biggest miss match in the league...

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Does Ramsey cover Gronk?

No. I'd let Jack and Smith cover him. They have plenty of ability to do so. I'd probably play a lot of 2-man under where you play a trail technique with a safety in over the top. Bracket that mutant and let your shutdown corners make Gronk the only weapon.

I think NE would rather face Pittsburgh. The devil you know.... Jacksonville is so volatile that you just don't know what you're getting. If their offense is having a good day, it's over for their opponent. Bortles doesn't play well in spurts...he plays well on certain weeks. It's weird. It's like he operates solely on momentum and is incapable of rallying when he starts poorly. And when he's playing well, he continues to play well.

I'm usually able to predict a win/loss for the Jaguars after watching Bortles play a series or two.

My prediction?

Jacksonville-21

New England-24

I hope Jacksonville wins 56-0 though.

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

My guess is they will attack that D the same way they attacked the Seahawks in the SB. Use Hogan and Cooks and Gronk to clear out middle and underneath routes for Amendola and the RBs vs LBs. Not sure though.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Except for the biggest miss match in the league...

Brady vs the best defense in the league? 

Sorry, but Bortles has to be simply pedestrian in order to win...Brady is going to have to be near flawless imo. 

I think Brady is absolutely capable and think he will be....but it's not like Bortles is facing anything close to his level of defense and he also has a fantastic run game to rely on as well. 

51 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

My guess is they will attack that D the same way they attacked the Seahawks in the SB. Use Hogan and Cooks and Gronk to clear out middle and underneath routes for Amendola and the RBs vs LBs. Not sure though.

Not having Edelman really really sux for that gameplay

Archived