How good would Antonio Brown be with...

NJniners

On 1/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, showtime said:

Okay so, I think it was two years ago when Big Ben got hurt in a game vs the St. Louis Rams.  Mark Barron hit him on his knee and Ben ended up missing some time.  It's been a while, but I recall Antonio Brown's numbers skydiving pretty significantly.  I believe Michael Vick was the back-up most of the time Ben was out.  I could be wrong about that, but before Ben's injury Brown was putting up his usual Godly statistics.  Once Ben got hurt, Brown was relegated to putting up average at best production.

The only two WR's who I can recall getting consistent great production, in recent memory, even when their QB play was extremely poor is Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson.

Andre Johnson. 

He became so forgotten about so quickly. 

1 hour ago, UofMfan909 said:
On 1/14/2018 at 5:22 PM, showtime said:

The only two WR's who I can recall getting consistent great production, in recent memory, even when their QB play was extremely poor is Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson.

Andre Johnson. 

He became so forgotten about so quickly

DeAndre Hopkins is probably in this discussion too.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I would suggest you look at Johnson's production and tell me this.

I'm sure their production is probably the same or Johnson even outclasses him.  When both guys were playing in the league at their peak, Calvin Johnson was the consensus best receiver in the league.

EDIT:  When you said Johnson, I assumed you were talking Calvin.  Surely you aren't saying that Andre Johnson is on the same level as Randy Moss.

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

DeAndre Hopkins is probably in this discussion too.

Maybe.  I don't think he's done it long enough at an elite level to be in this discussion.  He's off to a great start, though.  He's probably a top three receiver in the league right now with complete crap QB play.  If he had a good QB, he could possibly be the best.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm sure their production is probably the same or Johnson even outclasses him.  When both guys were playing in the league at their peak, Calvin Johnson was the consensus best receiver in the league.

EDIT:  When you said Johnson, I assumed you were talking Calvin.  Surely you aren't saying that Andre Johnson is on the same level as Randy Moss

...take a look at my handle and tell me who I'm talking about. :D

58 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

...take a look at my handle and tell me who I'm talking about. :D

Yardage wise it's close, but the TDs aren't anywhere near Moss level.  Now I didn't watch him play much, but stats-wise, he's not there.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Andre Johnson wasn't at Randy Moss' or Calvin Johnson's level.

Moss? No. But Andre was on Calvin's level. Now Andre may not have been BETTER than Calvin overall but a player don't necessarily need to be better in order to be considered "at their level". The two are much closer in comparison than it seems like most think.

As far as the OP's topic goes. Like it's been said, Brown has already proven that he can produce without a QB playing at a high level. Heck, Ben struggled a bit last year and a good part of this year as well and Brown still produced. So, yes, I believe he would still be the #1 receiver in the league. As long as Kizer isn't his QB, that is. I don't think even Brown could make him look good. 

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Maybe.  I don't think he's done it long enough at an elite level to be in this discussion.  He's off to a great start, though.  He's probably a top three receiver in the league right now with complete crap QB play.  If he had a good QB, he could possibly be the best.

If hopkins and watson can stay healthy, it could be quite different since Hopkins has had so many (not so good) qb's yet still a top WR.  Other WR's have HOF and pro bowl QB's and then theres Hopkins whose QB"s aren't able to stay in the league etc. Quite a contrast and he deserves credit for that alone. 

On 1/15/2018 at 10:41 PM, Danger said:

If Brown was on the Patriots with Brady his entire career (thus far) then he'd probably approach Jerry Rice territory.

Imagine him with Drew Brees though. I'd bet he would have multiple 2000 yard seasons.

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Imagine him with Drew Brees though. I'd bet he would have multiple 2000 yard seasons.

in a dome for 10+ games a year and a really accurate passer and a coach that is offensive minded, I could see  2000 yard seasons 

Archived