How good would Antonio Brown be with...

NJniners

I think Brown in either NE or NO would get more YAC and more Yards per catch period just because of the better systems and the better QBs tbh. Ben throws a LOT of low% very high yardage deep balls, and while I don't have the stats, I wouldn't be surprised if he is much less efficient than the other two guys/offenses with it.

• 3 weeks later...

As good as Antonio Brown is, i don't feel like he's as "QB Proof" as a lot of other elite WRs.  His ability to win and get separation and make those crazy catches even with guys draped on him is still really dependent on the QB actually putting the ball there and taking advantage of that.

The big bodied "prototype" #1WR types just have more raw physical ability to win those 50-50 balls when they're not well placed.  Larger catch radius, more frame to physically outmuscle and box out defenders, etc.

His YAC ability could save him a bit in the right schemes with lesser QBs...but not entirely.

But then, i firmly disagree with the assertion that Brown is the #1WR in the league as it stands with Roethlisberger tossing it to him.  So...

On 2/5/2018 at 5:29 AM, Tugboat said:

As good as Antonio Brown is, i don't feel like he's as "QB Proof" as a lot of other elite WRs.  His ability to win and get separation and make those crazy catches even with guys draped on him is still really dependent on the QB actually putting the ball there and taking advantage of that.

Yes, god forbid he has a QB that can put the ball somewhere near him.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:29 AM, Tugboat said:

The big bodied "prototype" #1WR types just have more raw physical ability to win those 50-50 balls when they're not well placed.  Larger catch radius, more frame to physically outmuscle and box out defenders, etc.

Brown wins those contested catches as well as anyone in the league.   And no, they arent all well placed, because in many cases, Ben just throws it up and lets AB make a play on it because he knows he can.

How about you account for AB's quickness, body control and hands....which are on par and usually better than any WR in this league.   Thats not even factoring in the plethora of non-physical tools that he uses to beat opponents and make plays on balls that arent well placed.

But then, i firmly disagree with the assertion that Brown is the #1WR in the league as it stands with Roethlisberger tossing it to him.  So...

You can disagree all you want, but you have yet to make a valid argument that he isnt.   All you really did was discredit him for having a good QB and knock on his size while ignoring absolutely everything else that makes him better than that players you would probably put ahead of him.

And for the record, I have no issue if you dont think he is the best.   I take issue with your reasoning, which is basically the same as every other naysayer.    You spend more time discrediting Brown for a) not being tall and b) having a good QB than you do explaining what makes other WRs better than him.    And no,. saying "they are bigger" doesnt prove they are better.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:56 PM, TXsteeler said:

Brown was 166 off in 2015 when Ben didn't play 4 games, This year he was on pace for 1857 across 16 games before he went down with an injury. Honestly the more I think about it the more I'm sure he would have done it already.

Back before Gordon got suspended, Brown, Jones, and Gordon were always pushing each other for the lead. I think the competition there might have given one of them enough motivation to break 2,000 (Jones and Brown were close a few years ago).

On 2/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, August4th said:

does brown have any holes in his game? can't think of anything that makes me say "I wish brown could do that.."

He isn't 6 foot 5 with a 40 inch vertical, and he doesn't have 4.3 straight line speed, but other than that he is pretty much as good as you can get at everything else.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:29 AM, Tugboat said:

His YAC ability could save him a bit in the right schemes with lesser QBs...but not entirely.

If not Brown, who is the #1 WR in the league? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 4:22 PM, showtime said:

Okay so, I think it was two years ago when Big Ben got hurt in a game vs the St. Louis Rams.  Mark Barron hit him on his knee and Ben ended up missing some time.  It's been a while, but I recall Antonio Brown's numbers skydiving pretty significantly.  I believe Michael Vick was the back-up most of the time Ben was out.  I could be wrong about that, but before Ben's injury Brown was putting up his usual Godly statistics.  Once Ben got hurt, Brown was relegated to putting up average at best production.

The only two WR's who I can recall getting consistent great production, in recent memory, even when their QB play was extremely poor is Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson.

Rice did.

On 2/9/2018 at 12:22 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Yes, god forbid he has a QB that can put the ball somewhere near him.

Brown wins those contested catches as well as anyone in the league.   And no, they arent all well placed, because in many cases, Ben just throws it up and lets AB make a play on it because he knows he can.

How about you account for AB's quickness, body control and hands....which are on par and usually better than any WR in this league.   Thats not even factoring in the plethora of non-physical tools that he uses to beat opponents and make plays on balls that arent well placed.

You can disagree all you want, but you have yet to make a valid argument that he isnt.   All you really did was discredit him for having a good QB and knock on his size while ignoring absolutely everything else that makes him better than that players you would probably put ahead of him.

And for the record, I have no issue if you dont think he is the best.   I take issue with your reasoning, which is basically the same as every other naysayer.    You spend more time discrediting Brown for a) not being tall and b) having a good QB than you do explaining what makes other WRs better than him.    And no,. saying "they are bigger" doesnt prove they are better.

Multiple games were won this year on Brown bailing Ben out on some poor throws even.

Archived