What Comics Are You Reading?

devils1854

Ppl gotta understand the context of The Dark Knight Returns. It was made back when Batman was cheesy and still suffering under the campy Adam West Batman cloud.  It was absolutely groundbreaking when it was made.  If it’s just read in a vacuum, it may seem outdated.  But not anymore than Watchmen is.  Watchmen has some horrible, cringeworthy dialogue and exposition in it (and oh my how awful it sounded when used word for word at points in the film adaptation).  But again, it was made in a time period where nobody was creating comics like this.  

Edited by thrILL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Anyone enjoying the expanded Symboite Mythos as much as I am? I like how All-Black was tied in to everything. Would be great to see it again.

Not reading it. Idk if anyone else read it, but when the Venom ongoing was first brought back a little while ago with the new character, asian ex military guy, I HATED it. Art was trash and the story was all the bad 90s tropes nobody ever wants to see return. 

• 3 months later...

What are you guys reading?

Currently:

United States vs Murder Inc
Isola
Cemetery Beach
Skyward
Action Comics / Superman / Giant Size Batman
 (Bendis is killing it!)
Murder Falcon
Dead Man Logan
Cover
Umbrella Academy
Pearl
Fantastic Four
(about to drop this tho)

About to get into:

Black Hammer
Bitter Root
The Magic Order
Gideon Falls
Hawkman
Essex County

Edited by thrILL!

• 2 months later...

Finally read The Magic Order by Mark Millar and Olivier Coipel.  I have ZERO interest in wizards but I trust Millar so I gave it a look.  Pretty cool take.  Felt like Harry Potter all grown up meets Se7en.  I’m curious to see how close they stick to the book in the Netflix adaptation. 

Also reread both volumes of Jupiter’s Legacy.  One of Millar’s best and brings back the tone of his days on The Authority.  And goodness gracious Frank Quitely is a treasure. 

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Finally read The Magic Order by Mark Millar and Olivier Coipel.  I have ZERO interest in wizards but I trust Millar so I gave it a look.  Pretty cool take.  Felt like Harry Potter all grown up meets Se7en.  I’m curious to see how close they stick to the book in the Netflix adaptation.

I loved this and the twist

• Like 1