What Comics Are You Reading?

devils1854

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Those are good. Watchmen is a top 10 comic. Preacher is so much better than the series, and I like the series. Never read end of the world. Dont care to. Dark Knight Returns is good, but I think is a little overrated. If you want to read Batman, go with Hush(greatest comic ever imo), The Killing Joke, or Court of Owls. 

Thanks I'll def check them out

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

If you want to read Batman, go with Hush(greatest comic ever imo), The Killing Joke, or Court of Owls. 

Court of Owls is awesome.  It’s my fave Batman arc ever.  Hush has some extraordinary artwork by Jim Lee but a pretty lame reveal which completely neutered the greatness of The Killing Joke imo. 

31 minutes ago, Tyty said:

What are some really good graphic novels? Doesn't have to be superhero-based per se

Daytripper is outstanding. Excellent story and breathtaking artwork. 

Blacksad_2_capa.jpg

a3cff-guarnidoblacksad100x62.jpg

Blacksad is probably the best anthropomorphic comic ever. Imagine the seedy violent underworld of Zootopia.  The artwork is incredible. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyty said:

What are some really good graphic novels? Doesn't have to be superhero-based per se

Zenescope1.jpg

These arent bad. Some are good, some arent. There are well over 100 issues now.

Almost everything from Zenescope is like this. Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood, Wizard of Oz...They do twists on popular stories. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tyty said:

No I read all of killing joke and some of the owl one but hush is next up. I forgot to read it because it forgot the one I hadn't read yet

Your almost through the must read batman. Add Long Halloween and Year One and you are golden. After that if you are still looking for more bats, keep reading Snyder's run. The only thing I might skip is the Zero Year arc. His Batman Eternal weekly is also tight, reminds me of Hush but more drawn out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Your almost through the must read batman. Add Long Halloween and Year One and you are golden. After that if you are still looking for more bats, keep reading Snyder's run. The only thing I might skip is the Zero Year arc. His Batman Eternal weekly is also tight, reminds me of Hush but more drawn out. 

I just read the 4 issue special with The Flash from this past year that ties into Doomsday Clock. It was ok. More like Flashpoint really. 

23 hours ago, Tyty said:

There's a graphic novel version of the George RR Martins Dunk and Egg series. It takes place a quite a few years before Game of Thrones but still in that world. 

9 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I just read the 4 issue special with The Flash from this past year that ties into Doomsday Clock. It was ok. More like Flashpoint really. 

Yea I wasn't thrilled with it either despite really liking Batman's flashpoint universe. (Side note, I wish DC would turn the Flashpoint universe into something like the Ultimate Universe was for Marvel #pipedream). It didnt really offer any good insight into what's happening and then they launched Metal which I am starting to hate. That crossover is the only thing I havent liked about Tom King's run so far. 

On 1/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, Deadpulse said:

Have you read Hush yet?

I just finished it. It took me a long time to comprehend the riddlers role and I'm still confused about one part even after reading an explanation of what went down. I was expecting batmans surgeon buddy to be the one and only main baddy