What Comics Are You Reading?

devils1854

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Just read the first arc of Gideon Falls.  Pretty bugged out story with some amazing artwork. Curious to see where this goes.  

He's my favorite artist in comics right now. He also did the first arc on the current run of Old Man Logan and Green Arrow when Lemire was writing it

43 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He's my favorite artist in comics right now. He also did the first arc on the current run of Old Man Logan and Green Arrow when Lemire was writing it

I’m a big fan of Sorrentino from that OML run. I’m not sure if that’s the first thing I read from Lemire (actually it might’ve been Hawkeye) but I def remembered him from that.  I didn’t know they did Green Arrow together until reading the end of the first issue of GF when Lemire broke down how the book came together.  Never been a big fan of Ollie but I might need to check out that run. 

I’ve also got Black Hammer and Essex County waiting to be read.  Looking fwd to both!

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Finished sleeving all of my comics. I've been reading TBP's every  now and again right now, but I think I might have to go through and reread my collection of Powers. I really love those books.

Powers is my all time fave book.  I can’t wait for the upcoming graphic novel.  It’s been too long since Powers Bureau. 

Have you read United States vs Murder Inc?  It’s also from Bendis & Oeming.  It’s excellent too. 

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Have you read United States vs Murder Inc?  It’s also from Bendis & Oeming.  It’s excellent too. 

I was getting comic books back when United States Of Murder Inc came out, and I liked that one, I didn't realize they were doing another series of that. I don't know that I had the full run of United States of Murder Inc though, might have to get the rest of those.

I'll generally read anything by Bendis.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, thrILL! said:

background.jpg

I wasn't sure if this X-Men relaunch could live up to the hype but the first issue is outstanding.

It looks ineresting, and anything that says "House of..." means I'm a bit interested do to House of M.

I read Eternals and Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapon last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute Carnage #1
Written by Donny Cates
Penciled by Ryan Stegman 

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

Damn this was good. Just read this today. It was so ******* awesome. It was out of my comfort zone a bit, since I'm not a huge Spiderman fan, but I really like the artist Ryan Stegman so I decided to read this. Glad I did. Cates weaves an incredible first issue, even for those not that familiar with everything that has been going on in the previous Venom run (like myself as I only read one issue which was also great). I was definitely on the edge of my seat here. I really felt like I got inside Eddie Brock's head, a character that I largely considered an afterthought. Now I care about his journey. Also, not knowing anything about Carnage other than the basic information, Cates takes care of that for his audience. 

Stegman's work is marvelous as well, and you can tell he has drawn the spider folks over, and over again. The panel layouts are pretty impressive in my opinion, and there is just a grit to it that fits. I also like the way he renders faces, and has a good variance of expressions in them. I can't wait to see where this goes. Now I need to go back and read the previous Venom run with both Cates and Stegman.

Edited by PapaShogun

Savage Avengers #4
Written by Gerry Duggan
Art by Mike Deodato

clean.jpg

I had actually completely forgot about issue number 3 the previous month. Not sure how that happened, because I was anxious to see where the story went after the first two issues. So I basically read issues 3 and 4 within days of each other. 

Issue #4 is essentially the entire team finally coming together against a big threat. Elektra, The Punisher, Wolverine, Conan, Venom (who is a dragon for whatever reason), and Brother Voodoo after four issues are assembled. Definitely an action packed issue with the heroes trying to take down this magic being called Jhoatun Lau, conjured by Kulan Gath the Sickle Priest, and members of the Hand. And really, that's pretty much it. Not too much depth here other than that. Actually, that is what has been happening for all of these issues really. I am enjoying the spectacle, but I hope sooner rather than later Duggan gets some more meat on the reader's plate in terms of having a more interesting narrative other than taking down a power hungry magic goon. Some conflicts between the characters or something. We shall see.

Edited by PapaShogun

DCeased #4
Written by Tom Taylor
Penciled by Trevor Hairsine

DCeased-4.jpg?resize=696%2C1070&quality=

This continues to be exciting for me. Issue 3 was the only issue I thought sagged a bit, but was still decent. Here, things pick up, and **** just gets more grim with a couple of more heroes/villains being taken out by the virus. One in particular is infected, and it just seems like checkmate for the Earth at that point. I think I know how this will turn out, but maybe Taylor will pull a rabbit out of hat, if things even turn out well at all. 

Hairsine has some good panels in this issue. I don't know why I've done a 180 on him since issue 1, but I'm pretty comfortable with him for now. He's a decent choice. There is one panel involving Cyborg and Giganta which is pretty polarizing in the latest issue. Pretty dope.