What Comics Are You Reading?

devils1854

I’ve been working my way through the IDW TMNT run off and on during this pandemic. 

Been reading them through the IDW collection books, so I’m getting all the offshoot stories and everything. Finished up the City Fall storyline yesterday, and it was really, really good.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, pwny said:

I’ve been working my way through the IDW TMNT run off and on during this pandemic. 

Been reading them through the IDW collection books, so I’m getting all the offshoot stories and everything. Finished up the City Fall storyline yesterday, and it was really, really good.

That was vol 3. Already finished up vol 5.

First two volumes were just okay. A lot of world building, character introductions and tone setting for future comics. And the payoff for that build up with the City Fall and Attack on the Technodrome stories has been A+.

I’m going to go back and read the Mirage comics after this, but so far this is my favorite iteration of the Turtles in any form. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My brother is 10. What’s a good volume or compendium for comic book story to get him? He’s grade 4 but can struggle to read at times so probably nothing to high level. He likes to read but can be put off by novels

what are his interests? There are a lot of childrens geared versions of popular characters for graphic novels. Sonic the Hedgehog has his own ongoing right now with BOOM! publishing. Star Wars Jedi Academy is a acclaimed series for kids. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My brother is 10. What’s a good volume or compendium for comic book story to get him? He’s grade 4 but can struggle to read at times so probably nothing to high level. He likes to read but can be put off by novels

My kid is 8 and recently finished Spider-Man & Venom and loved it.  It’s aimed at younger readers but still has a good story.  Gurihiru’s art is really good too. 

clean.jpg

It’s available digitally and in a collected trade.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 8:44 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Ultimate Spiderman imo

• Like 1