What Comics Are You Reading?

devils1854

On 12/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, showtime said:

Hey guys.  I just got into Marvel Unlimited.  I'm really wanting to read X-Men comics to learn more about the characters, but I don't know where to start? Should I start with the original comics or is there a new updated version?  The original comics from like the 1960's seems boring as hell and don't have a lot of the core X-Men of today.

Uncanny X-Men #281 the relaunch in 1991.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Marvel Unlimited, what should I pick to read? I'm checking out Age of Annihilation thus far, a 90's comic, story, not bad, and the art is pretty bad. What should I checkout story or comic book wise from Marvel that has come out? I read a bunch of late 00's and early 10's stuff for a while.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I picked up Marvel Unlimited, what should I pick to read? I'm checking out Age of Annihilation thus far, a 90's comic, story, not bad, and the art is pretty bad. What should I checkout story or comic book wise from Marvel that has come out? I read a bunch of late 00's and early 10's stuff for a while.

Bendis run on Daredevil

Kraven's last Hunt - Spiderman

Hickman's House of X and House of Power

House of M

Amazing Spider-Man #121-122

Civil War

Dark Pheonix Saga

Old Man Logan (the one that spun out of secret wars drawn by Sorrentino)

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Bendis run on Daredevil

Kraven's last Hunt - Spiderman

Hickman's House of X and House of Power

House of M

Amazing Spider-Man #121-122

Civil War

Dark Pheonix Saga

Old Man Logan (the one that spun out of secret wars drawn by Sorrentino)

House of X and House of Power, how recent were those, Unlimited runs about 6 months behind. Bendis Daredevil is good, I have a compendium of that, same with Civil War I and House of M, I definitely need to checkout Dark Phoenix Saga though, was high on my list. Good to be reminded about Kraven's Lat Hunt and Old Man Logan

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

4/15/20

How can you not get excited about this beauty?

@Calvert28 @Outpost31 you seen this thing lol

Wow and people think these characters are actually being created out of inspiration and not to exploit movement's among other things?

Im gonna create a character and write a storyfor this. About their nemesis (not villain) Righteous Fanhood .

Righteous Fanhood has no super powers, just gets on the internet to chat and surf the web. See's Trailblazer describing herself as a person who's always running into danger while talking to the media. Righteous Fanhood makes a joke about her obviously not running into danger that much if she's that overweight. 

The "Social Justice Warrior's" which is what I guess their name is going to be are absolutely devastated and vow to bring Righteous Fanhood to justice despite not actually committing a crime. SJWs makes a public announcement that Trailblazer has been severely hurt by Righteous Fanhood's vicious assaults and is unable to continue to do SJW work. They ask the public's help to identify Righteous Fanhood and his hideout which confuses most of the public because Trailblazer could be seen on the stage during the announcement in what appeared to be good health with her only holding a box off tissues she was using to wipe the tears from her eyes.

To no avail no one knew where Righteous Fanhood's location was, meanwhile RF was still making posts "lol'ing" questioning why Trailblazer is even a superhero if she can't handle some off colored remarks. At this point, Snowflake starts crying frantically too, which is twice now that Safezone is unable to shield either with his powers and thus he becomes demoralized. New Warrior's try to council SJW saying it's no big deal, criticism like this is common in today's world. Unfortunately this does not have the desired effect, Trailblazer, Snowflake, and Safezone start crying harder, B-Negative loses hope at this point as well and starts writing in his journal about how cruel the world is and how his diary is the only one who understands him. Meanwhile in an act of sheer desperation Screentime seeing his comrades being taken out of commission by Righteous Fanhood who's powers must be vast to take 4 of his friends out of commission hacks the site which RF posts and find's his ip address through his email which is connected to his user account.   

New Warrior's are disgusted and chastise Screentime saying this is why the new law is going into effect banning vigilante's because thing's like this are over the line. Screentime lashes back at them saying they just understand and they must support RF if they are not gonna take SJW's side on this. Reinvigorated by the news that Screentime doxxed RF and his whereabout's go in search for him trying to learn more about their Nemesis. After snooping around his place of work and asking those who know him it turns out RF has been shelled up in his apartment for days now requesting sick leave from work having just returned from an supposed appointment. Knowing that this is all a rouse to continue his reign of terror the team move in quickly to subdue him, Screentime immediately sends out messages to their fans over social media saying they are in the process of catching this fiend and want to organize a victory party at the police station.  

As they subdue RF quickly who looks ill, they mock him saying he is showing the signs of having to face social justice and they drag him to the police station. Hundred's of people are already showing up who are diehard SJW fans in front of the police station celebrating as SJW swoops in with RF and declare this is a victory for all. Police tell them they cannot arrest someone who has not actually committed a crime and the crowd needs to disperse because it's unsafe to be on the streets in such large gathering's. 3 of the member's start tearing up again, Screentime who is the most vocal of the group goes on a rant to the crowd about how the police in this country only protect the criminal and instead releases all the personal info about RF about his name, where he lives and works and encourages the crowd to harass his landlord and place of work until he is fired and put out on the street. They then let him go and celebrate for the rest of the day in the street, life is good for the SJW group.

Weeks later it is found that RF was under self quarantine due to being just diagnosed with Covid-19 earlier before he was kidnapped from his home. SJW and the crowd they mingled with were all exposed to the viral infection and now after weeks of bringing from place to place New York has spiked to over ten thousand cases of Covid-19.

SJW make's an announcement that it was all planned by RF by forcing their hand to go and arrest him. He made them do it and he should be blamed, meanwhile Corona is still spreading rapidly. 

The End.

Yes I am really bored right now.

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

4/15/20

How can you not get excited about this beauty?

@Calvert28 @Outpost31 you seen this thing lol

I don't wanna know what this is about so I am not clicking it, don't tell me.  Not listening. 

Edit: Read it.  Don't have an issue with it.  It's what I've been saying for a long time.  You want to be inclusive, make new characters.  Don't change characters, create characters. 

Edited by Outpost31

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't wanna know what this is about so I am not clicking it, don't tell me.  Not listening. 

Edit: Read it.  Don't have an issue with it.  It's what I've been saying for a long time.  You want to be inclusive, make new characters.  Don't change characters, create characters. 

You're missing out on some of the words greatest accidental comedy.

• 2 weeks later...