Playoffs

WizardHawk

33 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Think it stemmed from Zimmers attempt at doing the hybrid 3-4 defense before we did the full conversion 

I like(d) Zimmer. But I do recall his defenses struggling a bit in his last couple of years in Dallas. Now whether that was his fault I'm not prepared to say that.

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

WTF are the refs doing? The game is won, there is no need to extra point it

Stupid NFL rule. For some reason there has to be an attempt. During the regular season I can see. I think because of the various playoff scenarios/tie breakers that could exist way down the list.

6 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Typical NFL DB bullsh!t. Bad angles and horrendous tackling. Or lack thereof in this case.

Pee-wee football, JR HS football, HS football, college football - "Wrap 'em up", and that db makes a weak-*** shoulder dive, and then doesn't even end up touching him??? How awful was that if you're a Saints fan.

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Stupid NFL rule. For some reason there has to be an attempt. During the regular season I can see. I think because of the various playoff scenarios/tie breakers that could exist way down the list.

I stoppped watching.  Did they run the play?  If forced to I'd send out the center to snap to the QB and take a knee.

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

I stoppped watching.  Did they run the play?  If forced to I'd send out the center to snap to the QB and take a knee.

Yeah they took a knee, but made NOLA come back out to the field, they where in lockers already

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Think it stemmed from Zimmers attempt at doing the hybrid 3-4 defense before we did the full conversion 

No, it stemmed from Zimmer’s obsession with utilizing a containment style defense with zero pass rush. That style of defense strikes fear in exactly no one.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

No, it stemmed from Zimmer’s obsession with utilizing a containment style defense with zero pass rush. That style of defense strikes fear in exactly no one.

Kind of amazing how his defense has evolved over the years. He’s had some prettty decent ones in Cincy and now Minny

Archived