Brian Daboll Hired as Bills OC

GOGRIESE

No surprise after the Bills plane was in Tuscaloosa Alabama today.

WNY Native. Was with Sean McDermott at William & Mary.

I'm nervous tho. He has never had a successful offense but has worked with some crappy QBs. Hopefully he learned something from his time in Alabama and New England

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

God he was so freaking bad in Cleveland, it's hard to imagine him being a good OC now. When he was with Cleveland, all they did was throw 3 yard arrow routes to the TE. Amazing he has managed to recover from the abomination that was his play-calling years ago.

He was bad in Miami too.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I mean, Colt McCoy and Matt Moore lol. 

Sure you could say that he wasn't given the best offenses to work with, but the Bills frankly don't have outstanding talent either. He didn't make any of the teams he was with better, in fact he underutilized the talent he had.

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Sure you could say that he wasn't given the best offenses to work with, but the Bills frankly don't have outstanding talent either. He didn't make any of the teams he was with better, in fact he underutilized the talent he had.

Yeah.  

Not sure why so many failed coaches get more chances....especially in situations that really arent any better or different than the one they previously failed at. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

2012 Kansas City Chiefs: 5th in rushing
2011 Miami Dolphins: 11th in rushing
2010 Cleveland Browns: 20th in rushing (Peyton Hillis over 1100 yards)
2009 Cleveland Browns: 8th in rushing

Reggie Bush, Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles had their best rushing seasons under Daboll. 

The Bills with McCoy, Clay,  Benjamin  and their draft capital already have more talent then the Dolphins and Browns did in his years there. Obviously getting him a real QB will make the difference but to assume he is going to be the same OC he was 6 years ago despite his years under Bellichick/McDaniels and Saban is shortsighted.

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

2012 Kansas City Chiefs: 5th in rushing
2011 Miami Dolphins: 11th in rushing
2010 Cleveland Browns: 20th in rushing (Peyton Hillis over 1100 yards)
2009 Cleveland Browns: 8th in rushing

Reggie Bush, Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles had their best rushing seasons under Daboll. 

The Bills with McCoy, Clay,  Benjamin  and their draft capital already have more talent then the Dolphins and Browns did in his years there. Obviously getting him a real QB will make the difference but to assume he is going to be the same OC he was 6 years ago despite his years under Bellichick/McDaniels and Saban is shortsighted.

I don't recall ever saying that. Perhaps he has learned some new things, but all anyone ever said was he was lackluster (if not downright bad) at the time. I also don't have much faith in the Belichick coaching tree at all outside of Bill himself.

Also I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to prove by posting those numbers. Even if RBs have had success under him yardage wise, the overall offenses were garbage and you know it.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't recall ever saying that. Perhaps he has learned some new things, but all anyone ever said was he was lackluster (if not downright bad) at the time. I also don't have much faith in the Belichick coaching tree at all outside of Bill himself.

Also I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to prove by posting those numbers. Even if RBs have had success under him yardage wise, the overall offenses were garbage and you know it.

It was certainly implied when you said he was bad in Miami too in reply to someone claiming he won't be a good OC now.

And you said he underutilized players. Thats clearly not true. He got the best out of 3 backs. I never said his offense wasn't bad. Bad QB play always = a bad or inconsistent offense. The Bills were 31st this past year in passing but 6th in rushing because of bad QB play. 

Like I have said from the beginning, get Daboll a QB and he will be successful. No reason to believe otherwise.

Archived