Brian Daboll Hired as Bills OC

GOGRIESE

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

It was certainly implied when you said he was bad in Miami too in reply to someone claiming he won't be a good OC now.

And you said he underutilized players. Thats clearly not true. He got the best out of 3 backs. I never said his offense wasn't bad. Bad QB play always = a bad or inconsistent offense. The Bills were 31st this past year in passing but 6th in rushing because of bad QB play. 

Like I have said from the beginning, get Daboll a QB and he will be successful. No reason to believe otherwise.

By all means, be optimistic if you want to be. Getting a QB makes any OC look successful, though.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

It was certainly implied when you said he was bad in Miami too in reply to someone claiming he won't be a good OC now.

And you said he underutilized players. Thats clearly not true. He got the best out of 3 backs. I never said his offense wasn't bad. Bad QB play always = a bad or inconsistent offense. The Bills were 31st this past year in passing but 6th in rushing because of bad QB play. 

Like I have said from the beginning, get Daboll a QB and he will be successful. No reason to believe otherwise.

I never said he wouldn’t be a good OC now. I said it’s hard to imagine someone that was so bad years ago being good now, but it certainly appears he’s improved.

I’ll forever remember him as the guy that force-fed Evan Moore (our 3rd string TE) arrow routes into the flat for 4 quarters at a time. Embarrassingly bad in the past, but coaches improve with time. Even more than players do sometimes. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I never said he wouldn’t be a good OC now. I said it’s hard to imagine someone that was so bad years ago being good now, but it certainly appears he’s improved.

I’ll forever remember him as the guy that force-fed Evan Moore (our 3rd string TE) arrow routes into the flat for 4 quarters at a time. Embarrassingly bad in the past, but coaches improve with time. Even more than players do sometimes. 

I could not agree more with the bolded.

IMO Marrone and Hackett are two perfect examples right now.

Archived