Brian Daboll Hired as Bills OC

Kmart128

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Same here..

Anyone care to post some info ? I'm googling some information 

Saw some stuff online. 

Was an OC before in the league but did not have success, his highest ranked offense was 20th in the league but the teams he was on were quite poor. Was with McDermott at William and Mary, was born in Ontario but lived in WNY and what to high school and college in the area. He won five Super Bowls with the Pats as a position coach and a lot of Pats fans seemed to think he was going to be the successor for McDaniels if he, as expected, leaves this offseason. 

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Same here..

Anyone care to post some info ? I'm googling some information 

Grew up in Western NY. He still has a house in the area. Believe his children live in area with an ex. Began his coaching career at William and Mary. McDermott was playing his Senior season the same year. Then went on to work under Belichick. And when Mangini left Patriots Daboll followed to the we're Eric went in Cleveland and the Jets. He earned 3 OC jobs... Each year he was working with crappy QBs like Matt Cassel, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Derek Anderson, Colt McCoy, and Brady Quinn. After working with those terrible QBs he went back to New England. He helped coach Rob Gronkowski. He was Bill Belichick's right hand man. Last year Alabama lost their OC so they hired Daboll from the Patriots. This year Daboll was being talked about for OC jobs in the NFL and with Josh McDaniels going to Colts it seemed likely that Daboll was going to be the next Patriots OC. We stole him right from under Bill's nose.

There's a good chance Daboll brings back the power run scheme, something the Bills should benefit from. Eric Wood & Richie are both better in that scheme.

(The one thing I've read is that he adapts his scheme to his players, something RD didn't really do.)

He's been an NFL OC before, but that was 5 years ago, a long time in NFL years, and after being fired and crawling his way back into this position I assume he's looked in the mirror and made some changes to his approach, much like McDermott did when he was fired in Philadelphia. 

Also, I think it was good for him to go down to Alabama. Even though plenty of folks in Tuscaloosa were not thrilled with the Daboll experience this past year, lets remember the NFL is now modeling their offenses after the college game, and before his year with Alabama, Daboll hadn't worked in the college game since 1998-1999 as a GA with Saban. I think it will benefit him going forward to get a fresh approach on offense and hopefully that carries over into the NFL level. 

Archived