AFCCG - Jags at Pats

tonyto36

I was amped up to the eyeballs when the game was over and they pulled off the win, but then they showed Bortles and Fournette on the verge of tears and I felt guilty. Its one thing taking Peyton down a notch, or embarrassing the Steelers - that's all good fun. But crushing the dreams of an underdog like Jax feels wrong.

Guys....are we the baddies?

@NFL Network and @UniversalAuthor, I swear I am going to start deleting your posts. @NFL Network, your posts were borderline trolling throughout this game, quoting people who are commenting on the positives and laying out how it is going to go wrong which you were completely wrong about every time. If you throw similar posts at us in the next GDT I am handing you an official warning. You are not adding to the discussion by putting everyone down when something good happens. 

@UniversalAuthor, you were not as bad, but your posts are consistently negative for no good reason, shape up.

@everlong, I KNOW you are better than what I was reading through here post game.

@tonyto36, Thank you for being the shining voice of reason throughout.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

I was amped up to the eyeballs when the game was over and they pulled off the win, but then they showed Bortles and Fournette on the verge of tears and I felt guilty. Its one thing taking Peyton down a notch, or embarrassing the Steelers - that's all good fun. But crushing the dreams of an underdog like Jax feels wrong.

Guys....are we the baddies?

????

Don't feel bad. The Jags really got underestimated by most people. I feel like I was the one person here that was giving them due credit (aside from the Jags fans). 

39 minutes ago, iothar said:

I felt bad seeing the tears on the Jags side. I didn't like the smack talk but they brought the effort for sure.

IDK the way Church continued to celebrate his helmet to helmet hit after the penalty was called and Gronk was wobbling off the field left a bad taste in my mouth. 

@Deadpulse I see what you're talking about with the "fans" who were going all negative. I didn't post cause I was watching with a friend. I remained positive threw most of the game. Never once did I go "oh well, next year." Its like c'mon man, we came back from 28 to 3 in the superbowl. We weren't even down by that much.

As for the crying jags team, after their trash talking, I don't feel bad. Not like they won't be back next year. That defense and the way bortles played, was good.

I'm going to try to have a (somewhat) productive day at work and will have a full post-game post up tonight, but it'd be a disservice to not make a Danny Amendola appreciation post this morning. He's my guy and will go down as one of my all-time favorite Patriots.

The guy came here with some unrealistic and frankly, unfair expectations in large part due to the $$$ contract he was given. Everyone expected him to step in and replace Wes Welker. Arguably the greatest Patriot WR of all time. He was heavily criticized, said he wasn't worth the contract, always hurt, etc.

Now? The guy has earned Every. Damn. Penny.

Danny Amendola has restructured his contract THREE times as a New England Patriot. Why? Because he loves winning, he loves New England and he's the definition of a TEAM player. After last years SB run, many posters here thought we should still let cut Dola for some savings.

My thoughts? You truly can't put a price tag or a number on a player like Danny Freakin Amendola. His reliability, dependability, clutchness…whatever you want to call it…is so so so valuable. You need players like DA to make runs like this.

I mean, the amount of clutch plays this guy has on his New England Patriots resume is just flat out ridiculous at this point. He is FINE with taking paycuts so the team can spend elsewhere. He FINE with having a smaller role in the regular season if it means he's healthy and ready to contribute when it matters.

His hands are unbelievable. His toughness and grit are unmatched. He is as dependable as you can get and Brady trusts on him. Brady ALWAYS leans on him when we need the big play.

I love that man. I'm making it a promise right now that I'm making the trip to Foxboro when he's put in the Patriots HOF.

Archived