AFCCG - Jags at Pats

tonyto36

7 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I'm going to try to have a (somewhat) productive day at work and will have a full post-game post up tonight, but it'd be a disservice to not make a Danny Amendola appreciation post this morning. He's my guy and will go down as one of my all-time favorite Patriots.

The guy came here with some unrealistic and frankly, unfair expectations in large part due to the $$$ contract he was given. Everyone expected him to step in and replace Wes Welker. Arguably the greatest Patriot WR of all time. He was heavily criticized, said he wasn't worth the contract, always hurt, etc.

Now? The guy has earned Every. Damn. Penny.

Danny Amendola has restructured his contract THREE times as a New England Patriot. Why? Because he loves winning, he loves New England and he's the definition of a TEAM player. After last years SB run, many posters here thought we should still let cut Dola for some savings.

My thoughts? You truly can't put a price tag or a number on a player like Danny Freakin Amendola. His reliability, dependability, clutchness…whatever you want to call it…is so so so valuable. You need players like DA to make runs like this.

I mean, the amount of clutch plays this guy has on his New England Patriots resume is just flat out ridiculous at this point. He is FINE with taking paycuts so the team can spend elsewhere. He FINE with having a smaller role in the regular season if it means he's healthy and ready to contribute when it matters.

His hands are unbelievable. His toughness and grit is unmatched. He is as dependable as you can get and Brady trusts on him. Brady ALWAYS leans on him when we need the big play.

I love that man. I'm making it a promise right now that I'm making the trip to Foxboro when he's put in the Patriots HOF.

Came in to say that I’m buying a Danny “playoff” Amendola jersey Cuz he’s so clutch and a big part of these Super Bowl runs and he needs more appreciation! 

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

As I expected....the usual suspects ruin the thread with doom and gloom up to the very last second. 

Yea it’s sad , a lot of the time after wins I get excited to come and read the GDT but those negetive comments after every little things get annoying 

1 hour ago, Tower said:

Yea it’s sad , a lot of the time after wins I get excited to come and read the GDT but those negetive comments after every little things get annoying 

This is exactly the reason why I harp on you guys about those types of posts. New guys like Tower here are instantly turned off and our family gets smaller, not bigger. We can all do a better job in making this sub a more welcoming and fun place, and that starts with me. 

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is exactly the reason why I harp on you guys about those types of posts. New guys like Tower here are instantly turned off and our family gets smaller, not bigger. We can all do a better job in making this sub a more welcoming and fun place, and that starts with me. 

I've also come to the conclusion that we have, by far, the hardest time on here. We have the best time as fans, but the hardest time as posters. Did you SEE the amount of vitriol coming our way?  I mean, grown men abandoning dignity and doing the metaphoric equivalent of throwing toys, stamping, dribbling and screaming. I honestly will not be posting on GEN for a while after the superbowl. 

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've also come to the conclusion that we have, by far, the hardest time on here. We have the best time as fans, but the hardest time as posters. Did you SEE the amount of vitriol coming our way?  I mean, grown men abandoning dignity and doing the metaphoric equivalent of throwing toys, stamping, dribbling and screaming. I honestly will not be posting on GEN for a while after the superbowl. 

At this point you just gotta embrace it and roll with the punches. 

It aggravates them much more when you openly embrace the hate.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I use to love posting here and reading other peoples post during the games, but I find myself avoiding this forum until after games more and more. And it has nothing to do with the hate from fans of other teams. Its the people that claim to be Patriot fans that as soon as the other team picks a first down start talking about how horrible this player is or how dumb Patricia. The people that as soon Brady throws an incomplete pass start saying that they should have kept Graloppolo. Its a shame how spoiled people have become that they can not appreciate how great the team is that we all are fans of.

3 hours ago, jofos said:

I use to love posting here and reading other peoples post during the games, but I find myself avoiding this forum until after games more and more. And it has nothing to do with the hate from fans of other teams. Its the people that claim to be Patriot fans that as soon as the other team picks a first down start talking about how horrible this player is or how dumb Patricia. The people that as soon Brady throws an incomplete pass start saying that they should have kept Graloppolo. Its a shame how spoiled people have become that they can not appreciate how great the team is that we all are fans of.

I really don't want to derail this thread, but so much this. I really believe the best way to deal with posters like this is to straight up ignore them and it will stop. I know many of you want to see me lay down the hammer but truth is they arent breaking forum rules, in fact it is usually normally great posters who respond to them that tend to tow that line more often. It's up to everyone to change the culture in this sub to one that doesn't even acknowledge that kind of posting. I do what I can, and maybe I can do more, but I need everyone else's help as well!

Let's begin by curtailing the discussion of this topic and return to the football discussion in all the right ways. Another comeback, another Lamar Hunt trophy in the hall, and just one more game to start the second hand. 

On 23/01/2018 at 1:12 AM, jofos said:

Crazy. I am sometimes willing to give people the benefit of doubt, however, in the heat of the moment. We're not at our default levels under the stress of a live game lol.

On 1/22/2018 at 4:02 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

The thing was I could go on the NFL Gen gameday thread and if it got too bad I could just stick to exclusively posting in here. Nowadays if we are in a tight one, I come in here and I have to here certain people talking about how we suck and this coach is bad and this player should be fired. And not to single people out, but one of the people famous for it did it in last years Super Bowl and pissed enough people off that he acknowledged he didn't deserve to take part in the celebrating after. 

There's a difference between fairly analyzing the game and the doom and gloom we suck and are trash crap. If I wanted that I could fly back to my stomping grounds in Boston and hit up any old dive bar. I come on here for real football talk and good analysis of games. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:23 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I'm going to try to have a (somewhat) productive day at work and will have a full post-game post up tonight, but it'd be a disservice to not make a Danny Amendola appreciation post this morning. He's my guy and will go down as one of my all-time favorite Patriots.

The guy came here with some unrealistic and frankly, unfair expectations in large part due to the $$$ contract he was given. Everyone expected him to step in and replace Wes Welker. Arguably the greatest Patriot WR of all time. He was heavily criticized, said he wasn't worth the contract, always hurt, etc.

Now? The guy has earned Every. Damn. Penny.

Danny Amendola has restructured his contract THREE times as a New England Patriot. Why? Because he loves winning, he loves New England and he's the definition of a TEAM player. After last years SB run, many posters here thought we should still let cut Dola for some savings.

My thoughts? You truly can't put a price tag or a number on a player like Danny Freakin Amendola. His reliability, dependability, clutchness…whatever you want to call it…is so so so valuable. You need players like DA to make runs like this.

I mean, the amount of clutch plays this guy has on his New England Patriots resume is just flat out ridiculous at this point. He is FINE with taking paycuts so the team can spend elsewhere. He FINE with having a smaller role in the regular season if it means he's healthy and ready to contribute when it matters.

His hands are unbelievable. His toughness and grit is unmatched. He is as dependable as you can get and Brady trusts on him. Brady ALWAYS leans on him when we need the big play.

I love that man. I'm making it a promise right now that I'm making the trip to Foxboro when he's put in the Patriots HOF.

GREAT post

Archived