Ben committed to 2018

Big Snack

Where are all those people who were claiming he was going to retire after todays game?   B|

I didnt buy his retirement talk for one second last offseason and coming off a pretty good year where he stayed healthy?   No chance I saw him retiring this offseason either unless he had won a Superbowl.

And Ill go even a step further....if he doesnt get seriously hurt or win a Superbowl next year, I guarantee he plays in 2019 as well.

Beyond that, we will see, but I honestly wont be shocked if he decided to play beyond his current contract.   Whether thats with the Steelers or not is another question.  

If anybody didn't hate Todd Haley enough:

Flacco's injury came a day after his AFC North rival, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, had campaigned to run more quarterback sneaks in short-yardage situations. When apprised of Roethlisberger's remarks, offensive coordinator Todd Haley said with a smile, "Maybe we'll have to get it in."

Haley, via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, then added: "Those are kind of general staff decisions. Some staffs choose not to let people earhole their quarterback in the side of the head. Other staffs take that risk at times. There is risk-reward with everything you do."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-big-ben-wants-more-qb-sneaks-todd-haley-explains-why-it-wont-happen/

I speculated earlier in the year that was an organizational thing. Part of Todd's dictate to keep Ben healthy.

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-big-ben-wants-more-qb-sneaks-todd-haley-explains-why-it-wont-happen/

I speculated earlier in the year that was an organizational thing. Part of Todd's dictate to keep Ben healthy.

I mean....I want Haley gone, but that doesnt really make me hate him any more than I already do.

I can understand wanting to limit him getting hit.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Where are all those people who were claiming he was going to retire after todays game?   B|

I didnt buy his retirement talk for one second last offseason and coming off a pretty good year where he stayed healthy?   No chance I saw him retiring this offseason either unless he had won a Superbowl.

And Ill go even a step further....if he doesnt get seriously hurt or win a Superbowl next year, I guarantee he plays in 2019 as well.

Beyond that, we will see, but I honestly wont be shocked if he decided to play beyond his current contract.   Whether thats with the Steelers or not is another question.  

I was sleeping -_-. I'm surprised a little. I see all the reasons he should come back (i.e. Great weapons, good health...etc). He just doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly like he used to. So happy to be wrong tho.  

I think the 1st thing I like is that Ben has made this known right now and not let anything linger like last year. The team can go and focus on filling in  the holes around him on the roster instead of putting time and resources into possibly replacing him.

12 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

My problem is he's using Flacco running as a reason as to why not to and not what Ben wants, which is what Brady does.

13 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

If you played Pop Warner, you have more on field experience than Todd who got his start in football through sheer nepotism.

My dad always brings up the fact he never played football. His dad grew up in my tiny town and my dad was a kid when **** Haley led our HS to a WPIAL title in 56.   Don't understand how the son of a football guy doesn't play...  ?

Archived