Ben committed to 2018

Big Snack

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It’d probably be too much to ask but it’d be nice if Ben would rework his deal and allow us to bring in more talent. I hate asking for a guy to take bread out of his own pocket, though.

I wouldn't.  That would mean potentially pushing dead money into a year he's retired.  He's got 2 years left on his contract.  I bet he plays out the contract and retires.

I think the mess we had to put out there against NE in 2016 AFC title game had a lot to do with his poor moral/retirement talk

I think he sees the talent this offense has with the addition of juju, Bryant shaking off whatever was slowing him down and maybe Vance.. he feels more optimistic and confident going into 2018 then he did coming in this year.. also looks like haley is gone...

56 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wouldn't.  That would mean potentially pushing dead money into a year he's retired.  He's got 2 years left on his contract.  I bet he plays out the contract and retires.

I was thinking of somehow getting creative with a 3 or 4 year deal that would lessen the cap. I don’t think it’s a sure bet he retires after his contract. I think the retirement talk got way overhyped last year and Ben liked the attention. He’s got some years left in him.

On 2018-01-14 at 10:45 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean....I want Haley gone, but that doesnt really make me hate him any more than I already do.

I can understand wanting to limit him getting hit.

maybe that is what Rooney told him. Why not, he seems to control more than we thought already.

14 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Ben is a somewhat selfish player in that he seems to want things his way but has never been a student of his craft.

Huh? Defensive coordinators and defenders often stay that Ben’s mental accumity is one of the most underrated things about him. 

I think the steelers will be fine without drafting a QB high this year

ben playing like a top 3 QB for the last 10+ games and his comments makes me feel that way... I think we should take one in 2019 tho... I like that QB from Mich state.. also heard Oregon has a good QB prospect for 2019, northwestern has a promising QB prospect.. so that class could be solid for us to pick up a QB

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the steelers will be fine without drafting a QB high this year

ben playing like a top 3 QB for the last 10+ games and his commits makes me feel that way... I think we should take one in 2019 tho... I like that QB from Mich state.. also heard Oregon has a good QB prospect for 2019, northwestern has a promising QB prospect.. so that class could be solid for us to pick up a QB

I don't think that will because that would mean they they would carry 4 QB's or admit they blew a 4th round pick just 1 year later.

Archived