The Future of This Franchise (Coaching Staff Debate)

steelcurtain29

37 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

I agree. Maybe there will be later but there is no way the entire defensive coaching staff should return. If Butler isn't gone then Lake and or Porter should be.

Agreed.  Too bad they didn't sign Kevin Greene to coach the LBs.

18 minutes ago, August4th said:

I went to look for the facepalm emoticon and it's not there, neither is head hitting the brick wall emoticon available. 

If they keep this defence the way it was, how will we watch these games without high levels of alcohol ?

24 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

@August4th what did you think of the D staff returning?  

not crazy about it, but it might not be the worse thing to do?

I mean the defense did look real great to start the season so they did have some success but the last part of the season is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.. we better get the communication  part of this unit fixed for next yr... I look at next yr as a do or die situation for a lot of guys (Butler, porter and lake).. gonna be real upset if I see our season end again due to defense being dazed and confused

I know that it has been said that the defense of staff is not going to undergo any change but I don't believe that. They told Bruce Arians the same thing about the offense of Staff the year they decided to not extend the contract of Bruce Arians. I absolutely believe that Joey Porter and Carnell Lake before it's all said and done will not be on that defensive staff

Apparently according to Gerry dulac Mike Tomlin has never hired a coordinator these coordinator decisions has been at the hands of the Rooneys.

I don't believe that Mike Tomlin should be fired not in any regard do I believe that however I do believe the pressure needs to be put on Mike Tomlin to get a new linebackers coach and a new defensive backs coach nobody on that linebacker staff or that secondary staff should return for next season

21 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think colbert has to attack free agency and add a bunch a vet depth on the defense... really wish he drafted defenders in the draft over conner and dobbs

how about vet starters like how we added Haden in 2017, why not another good starter or two from UFA then 2 high draft picks ? 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Apparently according to Gerry dulac Mike Tomlin has never hired a coordinator these coordinator decisions has been at the hands of the Rooneys.

I don't believe that Mike Tomlin should be fired not in any regard do I believe that however I do believe the pressure needs to be put on Mike Tomlin to get a new linebackers coach and a new defensive backs coach nobody on that linebacker staff or that secondary staff should return for next season

Tomlin doesn't have control of the team then, so he is only part to blame if these lack of changes take place.  How many other nfl teams are run like this?

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how about vet starters like how we added Haden in 2017, why not another good starter or two from UFA then 2 high draft picks ? 

would love to add a starting safety and ILB but not sure if we would of the cap for it ... trading really increased during the preseason last yr so maybe that's a new NFL norm and we find a vet doing that again... just hope it works better then wilcox .. this offseason needs to be active on adding more "experience" talent on the defense imo.. especially at inside linebacker

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I like the move at OC. I think we are gonna see Randy Fichtner adjust the offense to get more from Ben. 

how are they going to get more from the D? I don't want to watch a game where we have to score 60 points to win vs the teams in the playoffs.

Archived