Why didn't you tackle, Marcus?

BossierWhoDat

I'm with the majority on this. I'm still super excited for this kid and i'm very happy to see Saints fans forgiving his mistake. I'm not surprised though, we truly have a great fanbase.

It was quite a magical season we had and i can't wait to see another one next year!

Speaking of that...is Brees coming back? He told reporters that he will be but its always crazy when they're no longer on contract.

Watching the replay of it and hearing explanations, he got too early and didn’t want to get flagged so he tried to avoid disaster and ended up still causing a disaster. 

I feel for Saints fans because I remember in the early 2000’s the Rams lost in double OT to the Panthers on a walk off slant pass to Smith that went for a td. Time will heal things but let’s hope this event don’t ruin Williams mental state because if he does he won’t be the same again. 

Ill also add that the Saints really overachieved this season because in context the Saints are 0-4 this season against the top tier teams. They lost to the Pats, Rams, and Vikings (twice). Those are three of the top six teams in the NFL as far as seeding/records goes. Saints didn’t play Pittsburgh, Philly, or Jacksonville. I think the Saints have a lot of room to improve which can be scary all considering that they were one bad play away from going to the NFCCG. As long as they still have Brees they will always have a shot.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill also add that the Saints really overachieved this season because in context the Saints are 0-4 this season against the top tier teams. They lost to the Pats, Rams, and Vikings (twice). 

3 out of 4 of those games the Saints were starting De'Vante Harris at CB.

35 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

They also beat Carolina 3 times and Atlanta once. Whom I believe beat the "top tier" Rams.

Yet I do agree with him that we in fact overachived this season. Brees aside we are a very very young team. This roster is basically powered by the last 2 draft classes, a star defensive end in his prime and a aging future HOF quarterback. I feel we took a major step foward this year but even without the injuries I felt this roster was about a year away. I expect this team to be even better in 2018 and 2019 and while 2017 didnt end like we hoped and it sucks when you miss oppertunities... This young roster gained valuable experience this season. Experience that I truly believe will deliever us another trip to the Superbowl within the next 2 seasons.

5 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Yet I do agree with him that we in fact overachived this season. Brees aside we are a very very young team. This roster is basically powered by the last 2 draft classes, a star defensive end in his prime and a aging future HOF quarterback. I feel we took a major step foward this year but even without the injuries I felt this roster was about a year away. I expect this team to be even better in 2018 and 2019 and while 2017 didnt end like we hoped and it sucks when you miss oppertunities... This young roster gained valuable experience this season. Experience that I truly believe will deliever us another trip to the Superbowl within the next 2 seasons.

Imagine another good offseason.

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Thats the attitude we all need... I dont look at it as the end of a season but as Brees said, the begining of something special!

With another good offseason we may be set for the next decade outside of the QB position. And the only thing we can really do now is be hopeful for the future. We had a great year and let's hope we have an even better one next season.

2 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

think they'll try harder to develop Taysom Hill? I'll go out on a limb here, but I think that New Orleans will be a force to be reckoned with for the foreseeable future. And, don't sleep on Hill.

I like this kid too. I'm a little concerned with his injury history, but so far, he's playing like he knows he has to earn it.

We haven't seen him in training camp yet, so I'm interested to see how he is as an actual QB, not just a special teamer.

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I like this kid too. I'm a little concerned with his injury history, but so far, he's playing like he knows he has to earn it.

We haven't seen him in training camp yet, so I'm interested to see how he is as an actual QB, not just a special teamer.

Sean Payton said he was the QBOTF. I don't know how serious that statement was (he's not gonna call out the guy and say he has no future here) but yeah. 

Even if Taysom isn't the QBOTF, he seems to dang good special teams player, and that's something we're in desperate need of.  I was really impressed by not only how quickly he got to the punter, but the fact that he had enough wherewithal to avoid running into him and causing a penalty. He didn't get the block, but his pressure was no doubt a big deal in getting it blocked.

Unfortunately this whole situation will overshadow a brilliant rookie season by Marcus in some people's eyes (mostly casual fans and clueless media people), but he really did play great. We have a tandem in the secondary that should be there for a while with him and Lattimore and our future looks bright on defense for the first time in a very long time.

16 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Unfortunately this whole situation will overshadow a brilliant rookie season by him in some people's eyes (mostly casual fans and clueless media people), but he really did play great. We have a tandem in the secondary that should be there for a while with him, Williams, and Lattimore and our future looks bright on defense for the first time in a very long time.

PJ??

Archived