Ian Rapoport: Titans offer HC Mike Mularkey an extension

titans0021

The sad thing is, for years, my backup team if I ever felt strongly enough to boycott the Titans was always the Vikings. Close enough to drive to games, never good enough to feel bad about becoming a fan. And now it'd be hopping on a bandwagon of epic proportions. I guess I have to choose between the Lions and the Bears.

The only bright side I can possibly point to, and it's not even a certainty, but just a guess, is that this could mean that Robiskie is out. There's literally no other reason to give Mularkey an extension unless you think it would be difficult to lure a competent offensive coordinator if the HC is a lame duck. If that's the case, this news is fine. We knew he was back anyways. If this comes with an extension for the assistants, I'm out.

I don’t like this, but not surprised. It’s a Titans move if there has ever been one. The thing that will upset more than anything is if we bring Robiskie back. That will just be the icing on the cake for me to just lose interest in being a serious fan. At this point it seems like anything better than just a dud of a season at 2-14 or 3-13 or something along those lines, is gonna be good enough to keep Mularkey around.

Joke of a move and a move that just shows how little they truly care about taking the next step in terms of getting beyond an average team. sad that I can’t say I’m surprised. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The only bright side I can possibly point to, and it's not even a certainty, but just a guess, is that this could mean that Robiskie is out. There's literally no other reason to give Mularkey an extension unless you think it would be difficult to lure a competent offensive coordinator if the HC is a lame duck. If that's the case, this news is fine. We knew he was back anyways. If this comes with an extension for the assistants, I'm out.

After today's press conference, I'm concerned that even if he gets rid of Robiskie, he'll hire someone similar instead of going after an innovative guy.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

My guess....

They had a meeting. Adams Strunk said, "Yes we had discussions to replace you. We aren't thrilled with the way the offense has played and the development of Marcus. When you were hired, we said our #1 priority was Marcus. Keeping him healthy and making him our franchise QB. We love what you have done with the team. Taken us to where we haven't been in almost a decade. We however can't accept the way the offense and Marcus has gone."

Then He goes into his plan and reassures her they are on the right track. Hopefully he then says he will examine everything, but he needs some reassurance from ownership in order to attract players and coaches. 
Hoping that means that changes can still happen...

Archived