NFC Championship Game: Vikings at Eagles, Week 20

Riddle

Eagles QB Nick Foles is 0-2 against Mike Zimmer-coached defenses in his career. Foles, who earned his first playoff victory in Philadelphia’s 15-10 win over the Falcons on Saturday, lost to the Bengals in 2012 and to the Vikings in 2015 (as the Rams quarterback). Foles was ineffective with both the Eagles and Rams offenses in those games, completing 51.5 percent of his passes for 348 yards, a touchdown and an interception in two losses. Both were late-season outdoor games, like Sunday’s NFC title game in Philadelphia.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-vs-eagles-five-key-nfc-championship-matchups-to-watch/469287563/

18 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

That is strange because he has been excellent under pressure all season

Gotcha...I'm looking forward to looking through the numbers in the regular season

14 minutes ago, disaacs said:

But, a lot of the pressure last night was coming off the edges, so he wasn't able to escape out of it as often.  

which was kinda my line of thinking...wider Dends keeping contain, with Cox and Jernigan coming up the middle 
It'll be a lot of pressure on him, will be interesting what Shurmur comes up with.

Shurmur and Doug are the real matchup of who can do it better.
Doug had a fantastic gameplan for the Falcons.

Schwartz and Zimmer are both consistently great with their side of the ball, so it's not likely either calls a bad or even mediocre game at this point

The NFC will be decided by a time-of-possession battle. The Eagles and Vikings ranked No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, in time of possession during the regular season. Both offenses thrived off keeping their strong defenses fresh and keeping the ball away from their opponent with efficient, if not electric, offenses. Philadelphia’s average of 32 minutes and 41 seconds of possession per game barely edged Minnesota’s 32 minutes and 26 seconds per game this season.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-vs-eagles-five-key-nfc-championship-matchups-to-watch/469287563/

To the tune of 'One Day More' [Les Miserables]

[ZIMMER]
One week more
Another game, another destiny
This never-ending road through south Philly
These men who finally know my scheme
Will surely beat another team
One game more

[DIGGS]
I did not live until today
How can I top yesterday's play?

[ZIMMER]
One week more

[DIGGS & KEENUM]
The Eagles are in the way
And yet with you, we'll make all the plays

[RHODES]
One more game all on my own

[DIGGS & KEENUM]
Are we the best to ever play?

[RHODES]
One more game with zero catches

[DIGGS & KEENUM]
I was born to play with you

[RHODES]
Nick Foles will never see me there

[DIGGS & KEENUM]
And I swear that we will score

[RHODES]
and he'll never beat my zone

[EVERSON]
One more day before the storm

[LINVAL]
Will they run or will they throw?

[EVERSON]
I'll beat the block and hit Nick Foles

[LINVAL]
You know I'll beat you there

[EVERSON]
When their runners start to fall

[LINVAL]
Will they run; and do they dare?

[EVERSON]
Will you take on blocks for me?

[DEFENSE]
The time is now, the day is here

[ZIMMER]
One week more

[HARRISON SMITH]
One more week to beat the Eagles
We will kick them in the butt
We'll be ready for these schoolboys
They will wet themselves with blood

[ZIMMER]
One week more

[BARR & KENDRICKS]
Watch 'em try to duck
Hit 'em as they fall
They'll have no luck
When there's a free for all
Here's a little 'hit'
There a little 'touch'
Most of them are losers
And they won't score much

[OFFENSIVE LINE]

One week to a new beginning
Blow the Gjallarhorn of war
Every teams fears the Vikings
Every man fears the Vikings
There's a new game for the winning
There's a new game to be won
Do you hear the Eagles cry?

[SHURMUR]
My place is here, I fight with you

[ZIMMER]
One week more

[WAYNES]
We will blanket Philly's wideouts
We will follow where they go
We will learn their little secrets
We will know the routes they run

[ZIMMER]
One week more

[BARR & KENDRICKS]
Watch 'em try to duck
Hit 'em as they fall
They'll have no luck
When there's a free for all

[HARRISON SMITH]
We'll be ready for these schoolboys

[ZIMMER]
This week we might be far away, but
This game will be the judgement day

[ALL]
This week we'll show those Eagles fans
What Zim's Reapers have in store
One more game
One more win
One week more

This would be an especially epic battle if Bradford was still playing QB for you guys. Regardless, this should be a great match up.  I love how our d-line matches up against your front 5, but you guys have a ton of depth at receiver and backs like MacKinnon have given us problems this year.  I think we will bottle up the run well, and you guys will too, so it i'll be on the QBs to make some plays or simply who makes less mistakes.  I wasn't all that confident going into the Atlanta, but thought we'd compete well.   My gut tells me the same thing this week.  I like our chances since we are at home, but this will be a blood bath.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

guys, our Eagles forum is one of our most active on FF. they're a great bunch of guys, have good football knowledge, and use humor a LOT in their postings.

let's give them a good welcome this week and have some fun with them.

particularly since a lot of them won't be posting any more in a week....

I personally will be too busy at US Bank cheering on the birds. 

In 1979 the NFC Championship game was decided by 9 points.  The LA Rams beat the TB Buccaneers for the right to play the Steelers in the Super Bowl.  The Rams won by kicking 3 field goals.  That's right.  The Rams won the game 9 to 0, for the lowest score in a championship game since the merger.

The Vikings vs. Eagles, with two tough defenses, will likely be a low scoring affair.  However, I think the winner will actually score at least one touchdown.

43 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

This would be an especially epic battle if Bradford was still playing QB for you guys. Regardless, this should be a great match up.  I love how our d-line matches up against your front 5, but you guys have a ton of depth at receiver and backs like MacKinnon have given us problems this year.  I think we will bottle up the run well, and you guys will too, so it i'll be on the QBs to make some plays or simply who makes less mistakes.  I wasn't all that confident going into the Atlanta, but thought we'd compete well.   My gut tells me the same thing this week.  I like our chances since we are at home, but this will be a blood bath.

Seems like a game which will be 17-13, which of course means it will be 24-21 at halftime.  Eagles D-Line scares the crap out of me.

guys, our Eagles forum is one of our most active on FF. they're a great bunch of guys, have good football knowledge, and use humor a LOT in their postings.

let's give them a good welcome this week and have some fun with them.

particularly since a lot of them won't be posting any more in a week....

Eagles QB Nick Foles is 0-2 against Mike Zimmer-coached defenses in his career. Foles, who earned his first playoff victory in Philadelphia’s 15-10 win over the Falcons on Saturday, lost to the Bengals in 2012 and to the Vikings in 2015 (as the Rams quarterback). Foles was ineffective with both the Eagles and Rams offenses in those games, completing 51.5 percent of his passes for 348 yards, a touchdown and an interception in two losses. Both were late-season outdoor games, like Sunday’s NFC title game in Philadelphia.

As I stated in our forum, Nick Foles has never lost a play-off game while my seed has been developing inside a women......

So yeah......50/50

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

If Keenum goes down you'll see Bradford.

Archived