NFC Championship Game: Vikings at Eagles, Week 20

Riddle

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

i was concerned they'd come out rusty in this game. instead, somehow they came out of halftime rusty.

I think it was a valuable lesson. They got comfortable and slipped. I doubt they make the same mistake twice; pedal to the floor until its done now!

not terribly worried about the defense next week, they should hold up against the run and should be prepared for the run/pass option plays. super worried about the offense, specifically how the offensive line deals with their dominant defensive line. 

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

not terribly worried about the defense next week, they should hold up against the run and should be prepared for the run/pass option plays. super worried about the offense, specifically how the offensive line deals with their dominant defensive line. 

The O-Line is everything. If they perform well, the Vikes win. Otherwise, it's dicey.

I think The Vikings will smother The Eagles' running game, and put a lot of pressure on Foles.  I hope they will force errors.  I just hope tha the OL can protect Case, and give him time to throw, and make holes for our running game.  Case absolutely must not throw the ball up for grabs.  They need to move the ball up and down the field, methodically, and under control.  I think The Vikings should be able to win, if they come out determined to play a lot better than today.

I feel like zimmer will stress how close they were to doing their exit interviews and they will tighten things up. Nick Files is no Brees.

I was so nervous before and during this game. I can't believe we have to go through this for another week but then again I wouldn't have it any other way

The Eagles dline really worries me, but if we can contain them we have a good chance. I think were gonna have to win ugly if were gonna beat the Eagles, and visa versa. This is gonna be a dog fight with these defenses. Id feel much better if this game was in MIN, as i dont feel like this defense plays as well on the road. Plus the loss of Sendejo could be big, hopefully he can clear protocol. Also this will be a game where turnovers could be the determining factor, Case HAS to protect the ball. 

Overall i feel better about this game than i did the Saints game, but its gonna be a tough road game. 

Biggest keys:
-Stop the run game of Ajayi/Blount
-Get pressure on Foles, and force him to make bad decisions with the ball
-Protect Case Keenum
-Dont turn the ball over

If we can do that, i like our chances. 

I still don’t feel like it’s real. I still cringe a little bit watching that replay, like there’s a chance he stil could drop it or step out of bounds.

i also feel terrible this morning. I needed another couple of hours to sleep last night off.

SKOL!

52 and partially sunny during the day in Philadelphia, but the game starts at 5:40. It's going to come down how we can stop the run and how we can run the ball. I believe with the weather our defense will likely be able to slow down that passing attack and Foles, but how well with the Vikings move the ball?

Honestly, unless the team is too exhausted after the emotional win, I can't see the Eagles scoring more than 14 points. I just can't. I know they protect well and are very balanced, but the defense just did all it could to disrupt Drew Brees, and the only times the Saints got into the endzone was when Rhodes was out of the game. Doug Pederson is a great coach, and this may be close, but I think the defense and offense makes enough plays to get through this one.

54 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I still don’t feel like it’s real. I still cringe a little bit watching that replay, like there’s a chance he stil could drop it or step out of bounds.

i also feel terrible this morning. I needed another couple of hours to sleep last night off.

SKOL!

I couldn't fall asleep until midnight...and then woke up twice before I had to get up at 6 AM.  I still am a little too emotional, even when I heard PA and Pete's craziness being played on CBS This Morning.  

On to the topic at hand, I certainly don't think they will take the Eagles lightly, especially since it's on their turf, but it's not going to be easy...nothing is at this point.  

Archived