#6 for Brady & Bill

Asciimo

1 minute ago, Asciimo said:

If it were to happen, what would it mean for each of them? Do either of them retire? Does it move them at all in the GOAT standings?

Simply hypothetical, tough game with JAX next weekend.

DISCUSS.

Please don't jinx us. Both are GOAT already. Why would they retire when they didn't last year after breaking the record for Super Bowl's at both their respective positions in the greatest comeback in NFL history?

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Please don't jinx us. Both are GOAT already. Why would they retire when they didn't last year after breaking the record for Super Bowl's at both their respective positions in the greatest comeback in NFL history?

No jinxes here. Chances are they get blown out by JAX.

There are a few out there who still believe either Montana/Manning are the GOAT. Will this change anyone's mind or will these people never change?

And certainly, there are plenty who believe that BB is not the GOAT.

Just now, Asciimo said:

There are a few out there who still believe either Montana/Manning are the GOAT. Will this change anyone's mind or will these people never change?

1. Thanks you. 

2. No it won't change any holdouts mind. At this point if you think Montana or Manning is better you were never going to change your mind on it. And the people who believe Bill isn't the GOAT are wrong. 

They are already the GOAT's, 28-3 comeback cemented it for me, winning the sixth SB wont do anything but add to their trophy collection. I don't think they retire if they win this year...I think Brady retires after next year win or lose, he would be like what? 42?

I hate doing this because it's not bringing anything to thread, but do we seriously need ANOTHER Brady/Belichick thread? I mean, there are already like 10 active ones already that are pretty much about the same thing just worded slightly different and probably another 2 or 3 that weren't even meant to be about either of these two but they somehow still come up. It really makes this board unbearable.

3 hours ago, Asciimo said:

Jags will in 73-0. Maybe even 74-0. Brady has been done since 07.

Don't think their legacy can get much stronger.

However, this would be a bit of a different SB run for them to make, one where their road looks easy on paper and they will be overwhelming favorites in every matchup. So in a sense, maybe it would change their legacy in a way by somewhat lessening the memory of the 2007 and 2011 runs that weren't.

Mariota--->Bortles--->Foles/Keenum

They were double digit favorites against Tennessee, opened as 8.5 against Jags, and I'd imagine it would be double digits against the Eagles and around 8.5 against the Vikings (unless they just curb stomp Philly). They've had this kind of road play out in front of them before, in 2007, where they were overwhelming favorites in each game and avoided the Steelers, defending champ Colts, and 13-3 Packers (granted they still would have been easy favorites in each of these since they were so damn good, but it wouldn't be by as much. I believe they were favored by nearly 2 TDs in each game)

A SB run this year would mean revenge against Coughlin and then actually beating a team that has no business beating them in the Eagles or Vikings (reminiscent of the 07/11 Giants).

3 hours ago, Asciimo said:

to bring something to the convo... ehem...

pats would be tied with pittsburgh having 6 championships. tied for most. do the pats become the greatest franchise in NFL history?

Packers I think have 12 titles. If you're talking Super Bowl era, maybe. Greatest dynasty is different from greatest franchise. Patriots were around for years and years before 2001, and didn't have a single title. Depends on the perspective.

Archived