The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

Jarius Wright is irked by what he’s been hearing on social media. On Thursday, he fired back. The Vikings wide receiver barely played last season. Still, he believes it’s nonsense to speculate he might get cut.

Wright: “I’m tired of hearing about ‘Will Jarius Wright make the 53-man roster?’  So it’s just getting old now. I’ve been the same player since I got here in 2012. I continue to make plays, and if you think I’m a slouch, then you don’t watch football, and so that makes you an idiot. On social media, you hear a lot of B.S. But you know, I love hearing it. It’s nothing but motivation. But I just figure, you know, they always let me know how they feel, so I’ll let them know how I feel.’’

Zimmer: “I think part of the deal was we were using Diggs in the slot a little bit more, and Jarius is probably a little bit more of a slot guy. The thing that he did good, though, when he got in there, is he made some plays. We will just have to see how it goes. He is not a guy we have forgotten about or anything like that.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/27/vikings-wr-jarius-wright-calls-anyone-who-says-he-will-be-cut-an-idiot/

I still don't see Wright making the final roster.

He's a solid, reliable receiver, but he's been replaced and passed over on the depth chart. 

I think the Vikings will carry 6 receivers on the final roster; Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Floyd, Adams, Böhringer with Coley filling in for Floyd during the suspension. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Wright: "if you think I’m a slouch, then you don’t watch football, and so that makes you an idiot.

Wow, brilliant logical progression by Jarius. You can tell he is the eloquent one of the bunch.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Wright makes the roster until Floyd returns

Wright's full season contract would be guaranteed day one of the season. There'd really be no point to cut him during the season. 

You'd be better off rolling with a young guy who could still be put back on the practice squad and roll with Thielen, Diggs, and Treadwell for the first four games. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wright's full season contract would be guaranteed day one of the season. There'd really be no point to cut him during the season. 

You'd be better off rolling with a young guy who could still be put back on the practice squad and roll with Thielen, Diggs, and Treadwell for the first four games. 

That's putting a lot of confidence in Adams and Coley though. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I still don't see Wright making the final roster.

He's a solid, reliable receiver, but he's been replaced and passed over on the depth chart. 

I think the Vikings will carry 6 receivers on the final roster; Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Floyd, Adams, Böhringer with Coley filling in for Floyd during the suspension. 

I still don't see Böhringer making the roster.  I'd probably put him as a distant third behind both Wright and Coley.

I think it will be Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Adams, Floyd, and Wright.  Coley goes to the PS.

Or, I could see Coley making it over Adams if he is not the primary KR.  He may be a better pure WR at this point anyway.  Then maybe put Adams on PS to get stronger for a year

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

I still don't see Böhringer making the roster.  I'd probably put him as a distant third behind both Wright and Coley.

I think it will be Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Adams, Floyd, and Wright.  Coley goes to the PS.

Or, I could see Coley making it over Adams if he is not the primary KR.  He may be a better pure WR at this point anyway.  Then maybe put Adams on PS to get stronger for a year

I think Böhringer is going to surprise as a gunner on special teams. 

And it doesn't make sense to keep both Wright and Floyd. Neither one plays on special teams, and you're not going to have 6 receivers active on game day. We already saw Wright be a healthy scratch for the majority of the season last year. What's the point of doing it again?

Your 4th and 5th receivers should be able to play special teams, but certainly your #5. 

It's hard to justify keeping Wright around as a backup slot WR that doesn't have a role on ST. Hopefully Adams can stick around as the backup slot and KR.

Floyd's suspension may impact how many WRs are carried, but I'd assume that Treadwell would get Floyd's playing time.

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Coley may surprise. I see him making the 53. Long way to go through training camp and preseason though, we'll see. 

Over the first two days of training camp, Michael Floyd has made quite clear what he can bring to the Minnesota Vikings offense once he returns from a four-game suspension.

During his first one-on-one drill, Floyd burned Mackensie Alexander on a double move and caught the ball about 40 yards down the field. “It was just a ‘go’ route, but he thought it was going to be an ‘in’ route, so I stuck him,” Floyd said. “You saw the result.” A few minutes later, Floyd did the same thing to Xavier Rhodes, but the ball was overthrown.

On day 2, the former Arizona Cardinal had several more impressive plays. He was brought to Minnesota to provide a pure deep threat and seemed determined to show off that he’s the best downfield receiver on the Vikings’ roster.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/07/mankato-michael-floyd-making-clear-vikings-went-bat/

Archived