The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

In spite of the addition of Hayden, I think Viking receivers match up well against Pittsburg's secondary.  Treadwell could very well be an impactful player on Sunday.  It all depends on how much time Bradford has in the pocket...doesn't it always come down to that???

Maybe it was only a Week 1 thing, but Joe Haden didn't look that impressive to me from what I saw of that game. Don't know if he's falling off or what.

Maybe he was better than the numbers said.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as they did in the home opener two weeks ago, receivers Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen torched the opposing secondary and were particularly productive in the first half. Diggs finished the day with eight receptions for 173 yards and two touchdowns and Thielen totaled five catches for 98 yards. In the first half alone, the pair combined for 192 yards and a touchdown on 10 catches to help the Vikings build a 21-3 lead.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/7-Takeaways-from-Sundays-Win-over-Tampa-Bay/7f2712e5-526b-4d29-a8e2-4806f57bcedc?sf116417521=1

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Really curious to see how things change when Floyd returns 

Yep.

Has Treadwell done enough to win the #3 spot? I know his numbers aren't very good, but I mean with his route running, his ability to get open, blocking etc, are they good enough to hold off Floyd?

33 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Treadwell has done pretty well blocking and is getting open. The more trusted vets (Diggs and Thielen) are just getting open too. I'm still optimistic about Treadwell.

It really does seem that Treadwell has improved/is healthier than last season. His numbers aren't jumping off the page, but it's hard to when Diggs and Thielen are almost averaging 100 yards a game. Kyle Rudolph has pretty pedestrian numbers through the first 3 weeks because those 2 have been off to such a hot start. 

Keenum, on Adam Thielen: “I think the shot early to Adam [45 yard completion, first pass of the game] kind of calmed me down a little bit.  He made a heck of a play. I haven’t seen the replay yet, but I think he caught it with one hand. To be able to do that early and get points on the board early, the first drive right out the gates, I think that helps everybody.”

Thielen: “He gave us opportunities to make plays, and that’s all you can ask for as a receiver. When the ball is in the air, you have to come down with it. He’s trusting us to get open, and he’s just throwing it before we’re even open. It’s awesome. He’s trusting us to go and make a play, and we were able to do that.”

http://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/QB-Case-Keenum-outstanding-on-point-for-Minnesota-Vikings-107932822

51 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s what happens when you run precise routes and the QB throws with proper timing. 

I get precise routes and timing. But he's way more open than he should be for a guy that has had as many big games as he has. Antonio Brown runs ridiculous routes and is in tight coverage pretty often. Thielen has a step on most guys most of the time.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

I get precise routes and timing. But he's way more open than he should be for a guy that has had as many big games as he has. Antonio Brown runs ridiculous routes and is in tight coverage pretty often. Thielen has a step on most guys most of the time.

But Roethlisberger isn’t always great with his timing. Especially with how long he’ll hold onto the ball. Which is also a big part to timing. In both week 1 and week 3, our QBs we’re averaging less than 3 seconds from the snap to the throw. That’s outstanding.

How often have you seen Jordy Nelson running wide open? Quite a bit. How often do you remember seeing Marvin Harrison running wide open? A lot more than he should have been. 

Timing + accuracy + precise routes = wide open

Archived