The 2017 Receiving Corp, who's it going to be...?

vike daddy

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

If he lets go of that ball towards goal post when the receiver breaks in that's an uncontested TD. I believe he threw that ball to Rudolph for a first down.

So the the primary receiver was open and he completed the pass for a first down. I’m not sure why this is an issue. This just feels so agenda driven 

7 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

So the the primary receiver was open and he completed the pass for a first down. I’m not sure why this is an issue. This just feels so agenda driven 

i think it has to do with this kind of stuff --

Zimmer: "We haven't scored enough points." 

57 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Haha do we need to see a gif of Ben doing the same thing on one play, so we can conclude he had poor awareness.

Come back and talk when Keenum has won a Superbowl or two. Or a playoff game... Terrible comparison.

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Missing a fairly sure TD because he locked on to a primary read is agenda driven? It's an example of larger issue. I'm not the only one seeing these things and calling them out.

Why would come off the primary receiver if he’s open? It was a successful play.

The Treadwell pattern was slower developing and he wasn’t as open as your suggesting. He had an opportunity to get the first down and he took it.:

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

c'mon... he was more open than the receiver Case threw to, that's obvious.

The play was designed to get the first down to Rudolph. There’s no chance he look at Rudolph, sees him open , then look to the opposite side of the field just to see if Treadwell’s more open .

If he sees Rudolph open and that’s where the plays designed, that’s where he’s going to go.

For it to be a justifiable criticism, you’d have to say it was the wrong pre-snap read and I have no idea about that.

I think Case missed a TD on that play. To me, it comes down to pre-snap recognition. Treadwell was isolated on 1:1 wth the DB. Treadwell has the mismatch, therefore, should have been the read. Case should’ve looked off the safety, who went (cheated that way anyway) to the opposite side of the field and made the throw to Treadwell.

It was absolutely the wrong pre-snap read. Any quarterback that sees 0 coverage in the middle and a cornerback, one on one, playing off coverage should be changing their primary read to that receiver. Even if the goal is to get a first down (which is ridiculous when there’s a chance at a touchdown on the field). 

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

not on that play though. the criticism of not throwing it to Treadwell is deserved. how's the guy going to develop without pass attempts to him? he did his job, he got open.

I don’t care how develops, that’s not the point here.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It was absolutely the wrong pre-snap read. Any quarterback that sees 0 coverage in the middle and a cornerback, one on one, playing off coverage should be changing their primary read to that receiver. Even if the goal is to get a first down (which is ridiculous when there’s a chance at a touchdown on the field). 

thank you.

Archived