7 Heaven: Keenum does the miraculous

Klomp

That a last-ditch try to set up a game-winning field goal instantly morphed into a walk-off score is hard to enough to fathom. Harder yet is the fact that it lifted a fan base that’s historically been haunted by its late-game playoff failings. When Keenum led the entire crowd in one final “Skol” chant with no time remaining on the clock, it sounded like 66,000 people exorcising Gary Anderson–sized demons from their lungs.

Whatever incredulity lingered on the field and in the stands drifted into the Vikings’ locker room after the game. Reserve linebacker Kentrell Brothers paced around with his face in his phone, streaming the moment on Instagram. “I’m so shook right now,” Brothers said. “Even we don’t know what’s going on.” As Diggs sat at his locker and took in a pair of replays on a reporter’s phone, he could muster nothing but a single, “Damn …” A few stalls over, in between bouts of resting his face in his hands, Keenum wondered aloud to fellow quarterback Sam Bradford how that final play could possibly turn out the way that it did.

“[It was] the fourth time we ran it!” Keenum exclaimed of the game-winner. “What else did they think we were gonna run?”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2018/1/15/16892192/divisional-round-recap-vikings-miracle-case-keenum-stefon-diggs

What is the name of the play?

PA on his call called it the "Minneapolis Miracle", I've seen a reporter refer to it as "The Walkoff" and then there was on twitter someone wanting it to be called the "Stone Skol Stunner" as well. "Minneapolis Miracle" is what I hope will stick. 

In the game day thread I was writing about what that moment was like in the game or what my thoughts on the game were, and it's easy to give a description of what it felt like leading up to that play, and I feel like it's probably the case for most Vikings fans, but the actual play is so hard to really describe. I'm young enough that I barely remember the Twins in '91 (though I do remember it barely when it happened/what happened). The emotion was excitement, the emotion was shock, the emotion was, this can't really be happening can it?

the guys on the sidelines apparently were screaming for Diggs to "get out" but he totally ignored him and did the work himself.

I'm glad. Vikings kickers in the playoffs going to win the game haven't faired well over the years.

Maybe this season truly is destiny! #BringItHome

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

What is the name of the play?

PA on his call called it the "Minneapolis Miracle", I've seen a reporter refer to it as "The Walkoff" and then there was on twitter someone wanting it to be called the "Stone Skol Stunner" as well. "Minneapolis Miracle" is what I hope will stick. 

In the game day thread I was writing about what that moment was like in the game or what my thoughts on the game were, and it's easy to give a description of what it felt like leading up to that play, and I feel like it's probably the case for most Vikings fans, but the actual play is so hard to really describe. I'm young enough that I barely remember the Twins in '91 (though I do remember it barely when it happened/what happened). The emotion was excitement, the emotion was shock, the emotion was, this can't really be happening can it?

Kirby's walkoff was the closest thing to last night...I'm not sure which one was better, although neither one clinched the actual title...the Vikings still have 2 more games to go, the Twins had 1.  

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

'Minneapolis Miracle' definitely seems like the name that is sticking, but the fact that the playcall was "7 Heaven" is pretty awesome

7 Heaven sounds a lot better to me.

when Diggsie caught that pass i screamed for him to step out of bounds for the field goal. then i saw what he already had - he had no one between him and the goal line.

fantastic turn of events!!

Such an incredible confluence of events.  Still have a hard time believing they happened.  The fourth down play to Snead I was nearly positive was the dagger.  Would have saved a lot of stress though this ending will be etched in the annals of football history forever.  

Archived