Ravens promote Don Martindale to DC

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000904839/article/ravens-hire-don-martindale-as-defensive-coordinator

Not a huge surprise they are promoting from within.He also has some experience with the role, as he was the defensive coordinator of the Broncos in 2010. Of course, the Broncos finished dead last in yards allowed that season...

Sshhh, we are trying to silence this hire to death.

It completely falls in line with the most relevant criticism towards John Harbaughs tenure, that he is too "loyale" to old friends instead of finding the best suited for the job.

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ravens fans don't like this?

he's done a good job of developing our lbs but this continues harbaughs trends of promoting guys that got fired from other teams(morninhweg, pees and now martindale). The one year that he was DC his defense was #32 in yards and ppg, and this being a good year to get a DC doesnt help either

8 hours ago, Danand said:

It completely falls in line with the most relevant criticism towards John Harbaughs tenure, that he is too "loyale" to old friends instead of finding the best suited for the job.

Is that what they call loyalty in France?

(just busting your balls...)

22 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Ravens fans don't like this?

It's not exciting. But, it's not Pees. But, he coached under Pees. I don't care much about a bad season as a coordinator a long time ago, but I did want something fresher than an internal hire who was at least a part of the incredibly flawed system since 2012.

The LBs are going to be the key to this defense. We finally have pieces at corner to be good in the secondary if close to half of them can make it to the end of the season. But, the development of guys like Bowser, Tim Williams and Judon is going to be the critical aspect going forward, so there's a little merit in promoting the LB coach.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, wackywabbit said:

It's not exciting. But, it's not Pees. But, he coached under Pees. I don't care much about a bad season as a coordinator a long time ago, but I did want something fresher than an internal hire who was at least a part of the incredibly flawed system since 2012.

The LBs are going to be the key to this defense. We finally have pieces at corner to be good in the secondary if close to half of them can make it to the end of the season. But, the development of guys like Bowser, Tim Williams and Judon is going to be the critical aspect going forward, so there's a little merit in promoting the LB coach.

I was very much encouraged by Harbaugh stressing that he was going to be more aggressive at the announcement presser.  Definitely shows where he was tiring of Pees previously, IMO (he had made comments to that effect following clear stepping in it by Pees's late game clamming up).

On 1/15/2018 at 1:54 PM, Danand said:

Time will tell. Hope it's not a similar situation mch like with the Saints and Sean Payton. It took 3 straight 7-9 seasons to realize sometimes ya gotta fire your "friends".

I like the Ravens and wish the franchise the best.

Archived