2018 Free Agency - Who's available?

Dome

Heres what the Saints should do, forget Jimmy Graham and Malcolm Butler. Trust me as a Patriots fan, you don't want to pay Butler the money he's going to get. Crawley is just as good (inconsistent but flashes special ability at times) and he's cheap.

1) Re-sign Brees. This is obvious.

2) Re-sign Okafor.

3) Sign Trey Burton to 3 year $13M contract. Watch an Eagles game when Ertz is out, this guy is a very good TE buried behind Ertz and Celek. Ranked as the 9th best receiving TE by PFF.

4) Throw big money at Sheldon Richardson.

5) Draft CB Mike Hughes.

Profit.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Heres what the Saints should do, forget Jimmy Graham and Malcolm Butler. Trust me as a Patriots fan, you don't want to pay Butler the money he's going to get. Crawley is just as good (inconsistent but flashes special ability at times) and he's cheap.

1) Re-sign Brees. This is obvious.

2) Re-sign Okafor.

3) Sign Trey Burton to 3 year $13M contract. Watch an Eagles game when Ertz is out, this guy is a very good TE buried behind Ertz and Celek. Ranked as the 9th best receiving TE by PFF.

4) Throw big money at Sheldon Richardson.

5) Draft CB Mike Hughes.

Profit.

Richardson is not an option... Loomis been down that rabbit hole before with Gallette. 

In the end, someone is gonna pay Butler and Payton has an affinity for him. Niw that was before he drafted Lattimore so things may have changed but looking at the FA class in 2018 there really wont be much to have in all honesty. I do like the TE from Philly tho, you may be onto something there.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Always nice to have you stop by @MookieMonster. You should come around more often, I always see you defending the Saints in NFL gen and it warms my heart.

Who is “your team” BTW?

Patriots. Born and raised in New England, but my dad was born in New Orleans is a big Saints fan. Conflicted household but I'll always have a soft spot for the Saints and I watch every game.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Patriots. Born and raised in New England, but my dad was born in New Orleans is a big Saints fan. Conflicted household but I'll always have a soft spot for the Saints and I watch every game.

I appreciate you fam. You also always have the Pels' back in the bball forum. I thought it was just a "Saints and Pats both got shafted by Goodell" type of thing at first but that makes sense. If you meet the Vikings and destroy their soul in the Super Bowl... well I wouldn't be mad. :D 

12 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I appreciate you fam. You also always have the Pels' back in the bball forum. I thought it was just a "Saints and Pats both got shafted by Goodell" type of thing at first but that makes sense. If you meet the Vikings and destroy their soul in the Super Bowl... well I wouldn't be mad. :D 

Oh, I want nothing more than to crush the Vikings hopes and dreams. Even if I didn't like the Saints, nothing annoys me more than Vikings fans refusal to get over '09. Especially when the loss came at their own mistakes and not some stupid Bountygate.

Archived