Tennessee and Mike Mularkey mutually part ways

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, .Buzz said:

I get you want change, just not sure how ideal a guy like McDaniels is. Blew up badly in everywhere but NE.

Thats what I was saying but damn a new offense is worth it. Also If he doesnt have control over the roster and lets Jrob handle it. We should be okay

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s all he’d be here. Hue won’t actually let someone else call plays. He’d be an oc in title only. 

The problem is you want an OC who will add to Hue's coaching ability on O.   Mularkey will just be a pure yes man - that's not how the best orgs function.   Even just the ability in-game to recognize problems and raise them with Hue to adjust at halftime, etc.   Mularkey will just go "we need more Demarco....".  

Mularkey would probably play Devalve over Njoku on passing downs next year, if this year is any indication.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

The problem is you want an OC who will add to Hue's coaching ability on O.   Mularkey will just be a pure yes man - that's not how the best orgs function.   Even just the ability in-game to recognize problems and raise them with Hue to adjust at halftime, etc.   Mularkey will just go "we need more Demarco....".  

Mularkey would probably play Devalve over Njoku on passing downs next year, if this year is any indication.  

I just don’t think Hue will take input from anyone. There’s no OC that he’d listen to. So we might as well get someone who knows how to develop some positions. 

But yeah it’s gonna be a problem either way. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just don’t think Hue will take input from anyone. There’s no OC that he’d listen to. So we might as well get someone who knows how to develop some positions. 

But yeah it’s gonna be a problem either way. 

Interesting contrast - TEN sees a problem on O, approaches Mularkey, who refuses to change - gone.

Hue wants more control after a 1-31 run - hey, no problem.   Let's can the GM who actually has a plan in place, and saved you from the McCarron fiasco.   Oh, and go ahead and hire a name-only OC, despite the fact it's clear you need in-game help for O management. 

SMH Haslem.  GM Brown was part of the solution, not part of the problem.  But let's keep the guy who was a much bigger part of the problem.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So what happens with lebeau now? I’d hate to see him retire. He can still coach. 

He's done. His wife loves it in Tennessee and probably doesn't move again which is why he was coaching there along with the Mularkey ties.

Just now, dtait93 said:

He's done. His wife loves it in Tennessee and probably doesn't move again which is why he was coaching there along with the Mularkey ties.

Is it confirmed?  I'd guess McDaniels may be OK with keeping LeBeau - get him better CB talent (Adoree is a start, but rookies struggle), that's a pretty solid D foundation they have already.