Mularkey Fired

tntitans4life17

Good lord this is such a change-up from how I felt yesterday. Appreciate the 18-14 of the last two years vs 5-27 before he got the fulltime job, but this was his celling.  The KC playoff win will be one of my top 5 favorite Titans games of all time, but glad to see us take the next step. 

Vrabel already in line for an interview, but not sure who his coordinators would be. The OC for him would be hugely important, but imagine he could get someone solid. Getting McDaniels seems like it's going to be a challenge with the Colts in the mix, but hopefully J-Rob could swing him. My one concern is McDaniels trying to leverage interest to more control which if that happens let him walk. It's J-Robs ship now, trust that he'll get this moving in the right direction. 

I didn't mind Mularkey, thought he was a decent coach, but if he really wasn't going to move on from the offensive scheme and Robiskie, then he needed to go. Good on JRob and AAS for seeing the problem and dealing with it. I don't really know who I want, but it seems like it's going to be McDaniels. I have my worries about him, but I will support him 100% if that's the decision. 

As long as we get an offensive coordinator that builds an offense around Mariota's strengths, I'll be in heaven.

16 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I didn't mind Mularkey, thought he was a decent coach, but if he really wasn't going to move on from the offensive scheme and Robiskie, then he needed to go. Good on JRob and AAS for seeing the problem and dealing with it. I don't really know who I want, but it seems like it's going to be McDaniels. I have my worries about him, but I will support him 100% if that's the decision. 

As long as we get an offensive coordinator that builds an offense around Mariota's strengths, I'll be in heaven.

Looks like it's definitely not going to be McDaniels. Probably Vrabel.

I really wish mike could have seen what we all see. This offense is ready to explode with talent and we all just want a better offense. I think mike was a great leader and the toughness he brought was great, haven’t seen it in years, but the overall system was weak. I wish he would have stayed as just head coach and turned the offense over to a kiffin type young guru. Overall I hate to see him go because of how bad it was for so long. Titan up!

Archived