Former Redskins G Derrick Dockery Works for Current Speaker of the House

MKnight82

http://freebeacon.com/politics/from-the-nfl-to-the-speakers-office-fox-news-sunday-profiles-ex-lineman-turned-paul-ryan-staffer/ 

"Fox News Sunday" profiled a former NFL offensive lineman turned staffer for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R., Wis.) on Sunday's program.

"What I do on a daily basis, I basically block and tackle. It's my job to build key alliances to help move the Speaker's agenda forward," Derrick Dockery said.

He's been a staffer in Ryan's office for two years, working on everything from tax reform to school choice.

Dockery was a third-round draft pick out of Texas and wound up seeing stints with the Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills and Dallas Cowboys over a 10-year career. His last season was in 2012.

Did anyone else know this?  He just works on his staff right now, but it would be cool to see Dockery run for office himself one day.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How is this a political thread?

I don’t really care either way but if you go by the rules of the forum this would be. Fox News, mentioning he works for Speaker Paul Ryan. The part you posted mentioned he’s worked on tax reform and “school choice” aka charter schools which are two of the most decisive topics politically in the nation over the last 35 years.

It could lead to a political debate.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t really care either way but if you go by the rules of the forum this would be. Fox News, mentioning he works for Speaker Paul Ryan. The part you posted mentioned he’s worked on tax reform and “school choice” aka charter schools which are two of the most decisive topics politically in the nation over the last 35 years.

It could lead to a political debate.

All the article does is describe his job.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

All the article does is describe his job.

I do get that but at the same time nothing political is supposed to be posted. There are a lot of ex-athletes who work in politics or do political things but we aren’t supposed to post about them in the forum. I’m no mod so it’s not my decision but it just seems that this post wouldn’t be something that would not be allowed because it could lead to arguments.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I do get that but at the same time nothing political is supposed to be posted. There are a lot of ex-athletes who work in politics or do political things but we aren’t supposed to post about them in the forum. I’m no mod so it’s not my decision but it just seems that this post wouldn’t be something that would not be allowed because it could lead to arguments.

There’s nothing political in the thread.  He’s an ex redskin.  You’re making a big deal out of nothing.

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

There’s nothing political in the thread.  He’s an ex redskin.  You’re making a big deal out of nothing.

SUre, except he’s talking about his political job and the political issues he works on for the 3rd in line to the Presidency. Ok buddy 

I work in Systems Engineering where I looka at systems and try to make them more efficient. Especially for the DoD. 

Hey look, this is my job description. Dockery basically gave his job description and what he has been working on. He didn't say whether he liked it or not or what affiliation he has. It was not political at all. Its cool that he found a job after a career in the NFL. Good for him. I only read more political crap from Turtle's posts. Sorry but, I saw nothing wrong with it. 

57 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I work in Systems Engineering where I looka at systems and try to make them more efficient. Especially for the DoD. 

Hey look, this is my job description. Dockery basically gave his job description and what he has been working on. He didn't say whether he liked it or not or what affiliation he has. It was not political at all. Its cool that he found a job after a career in the NFL. Good for him. I only read more political crap from Turtle's posts. Sorry but, I saw nothing wrong with it. 

The title of the thread says he works for the Speaker of the House. That’s a political job. Hello! Then his post goes on to say maybe he could run for office himself? Hello! Lol  The entire thread starts off political.

So maybe, just maybe, if you pulled off the blinders and just read the article about a Redskin finding work after football would be a better way to approach this instead of positioning that its political. Its not like the OP said the Speaker of the House Republican Paul Ryan. There is no other way to describe the importance of the job other than, Speaker of the House.

41 minutes ago, mike23md said:

So maybe, just maybe, if you pulled off the blinders and just read the article about a Redskin finding work after football would be a better way to approach this instead of positioning that its political. Its not like the OP said the Speaker of the House Republican Paul Ryan. There is no other way to describe the importance of the job other than, Speaker of the House.

Maybe not post it because it’s about politics.

we can’t post about politics.

Archived