Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He became a great DC. He was awwwwful with us. Haynesworth saved him

fireschwartz.com was a real thing!

That's what I remember and why I don't want him. 

He didn't exactly leave out of here riding on the shoulders of greatness. 

People hated him and his scheme. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thinking more about it Defilippo doesn't appeal to me. Seems to be more part of a system rather than a master of planning or creator. 

Just the feeling I have. Maybe he could call plays. But I see a smart football coach. 

I tend to agree, and that's coming from another Italian. Seems like a great football coach and I'd give him a go at OC. But as a HC I don't see it yet 

wilks is my guy

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

I tend to agree, and that's coming from another Italian. Seems like a great football coach and I'd give him a go at OC. But as a HC I don't see it yet 

wilks is my guy

I'm on the Wilks train as well. Wouldn't be upset with Vrabel, though.

Some interesting notes on NFL coaching hires:

So yeah, the excitement is understandable. But before anyone gets too carried away, it’s worth looking at the NFL’s recent history of coaching hires. For this exercise, let’s go back 10 years.

Excluding interim coaches following mid-season firings, there have been 66 coaching hires the past decade. Of the 39 hired from 2008-13, only five remain employed by those franchises — John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens), Pete Carroll (Seattle Seahawks), Jason Garrett (Dallas Cowboys), Ron Rivera (Carolina Panthers) and Andy Reid (Kansas City Chiefs). That’s 84.6 percent who have moved on, most of whom were fired.

Even more eye-opening is that group of 66 coaches has netted only three Super Bowl victories. Harbaugh and Carroll show up on that list, as well. The final one, Gary Kubiak, mutually agreed to part ways with the Denver Broncos after the team missed the playoffs in his second season.

Of course, it must be noted a fourth could join the list this year, if any team other than the Patriots wins Super Bowl 52.

A championship is the ultimate goal for every NFL franchise, but maybe we should lower the bar for what would be considered a successful Lions coach for this conversation. After all, the team hasn’t won its division since 1993 or a playoff game since 1991. Looking once again at the list of 66, 34.8 percent (23) earned a division championship, while only 20 netted at least one playoff victory.

Those aren’t exactly great odds.

Some good news with Patricia is previous head-coaching experience, either in the NFL or at a Division 1 program, seems to have little impact on success rate.

The 26 coaches with previous head-coaching experience won 47.4 percent of their regular-season games, 18 division titles, 24 playoff games and two Super Bowls. The 40 hired with no such experience won 47.7 percent of regular-season games with 22 division titles, 32 playoff games and one Super Bowl.

And for what it’s worth, first-time head coaches with a defensive background have had a bit more success, with that group of 19 coaches winning 12 division crowns and 25 playoff games.

Patricia also walks into a more stable situation than most coaches. Only 12 were hired by teams coming off a season with a winning record, and even fewer inherited a quarterback as talented as Matthew Stafford.

What does all this mean about Patricia? Nothing, really. It only highlights how difficult it is for a general manager and coach to have sustained success in the NFL. General manager Bob Quinn appears to be saddling his horses to Patricia, and maybe the rocket scientist will beat the long odds of league-wide trends and longer odds of the franchise’s trends. Either that, or we will be back here in four or five years, discussing replacements for both.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/01/16/analysis-new-lions-coach-faces-long-odds-long-haul/109516690/

It also appears Munchak is now the favorite to get the AZ job:

Edited by TitanLegend

41 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol it’s not bad. I only did it mainly for the member periscopes and I don’t have time to watch them at night. I don’t read the articles so it’s kind of a waste and even though 5.99 isn’t breaking the bank but still.

Cancel on paypal, don't think Paul has a cancel button on his website.

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Dilly dilly 

Just another view of McDaniels:

And I still can’t believe this is happening. Can’t believe McDaniels will soon be hired by the Colts, and entrusted with Andrew Luck. Can’t believe he was the hottest commodity on the coaching market this fall. McDaniels is Lane Kiffin to me, an arrogant young punk who ascended rapidly after Daddy got him a cherry first job in coaching – McDaniels’ father, Ohio high school legend Thom McDaniels, was friends with Nick Saban, who hired Josh as a grad assistant at Michigan State in 1999 – and who kept getting promoted to the point of failure. Monte Kiffin’s boy needed four tries to find a semblance of success – Lane flopped in the NFL with Oakland and in college with Tennessee and USC – but he failed three times before going 11-3 in his first season at FAU. Weis, Mangini and Crennel also got second chances as head coaches. They also failed. Most retreads do. Losers lose. Bill Belichick is an exception.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/01/indy-columnist-rips-josh-mcdaniels-colts-over-coachs-expected-hiring/