Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

I felt like we need a separate thread to dedicate to a coaching search.

Let's talk about our hopes and dreams of a coach...

Only to have Romeo Crennel be the guy..llol

Also thought we needed to make sure we said 2018, because unfortunately, we are back at a coaching search.

My top 3 are McDaniels, Shurmur, Carmichael.  

But honestly, I'll be shocked if its not McDaniels.  It's not just a lazy connection...  it's an obvious connection.  JRob and him worked for so long together... if anyone outside NE knows what he's all about, it's JRob.

I have my reservations... mainly, can he do his job and not try to micromanage every aspect of the offense... but I'm intrigued what Mariota looks like in that kind of offense.  I think Mariota can do every thing physically that Brady can do... can McDaniels give him the added edge to get him over the hump?

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My list....in no order.

1. Steve Wilks- Panthers DC
  2. Dave Toub-Chiefs ST Coach
  3. Harold Goodwin- Cardinals OC
  4. Pat Shumur-Browns OC
  5. Pete Carmicheal Jr. Saints OC
  6. Josh McDaniels-Patriots OC
  7. Mike Vrabel- Texans DC

I’ll have to do my research now, honestly wasn’t expecting us to make a change lol.

Everybody seems to be keyed in on McDaniels, Shumur, and Defillipo.

If Carmichael brought the saints offense here, that would be really interesting.

The new coach has to match the culture built. It has to be able to maximize the football while keep a culture somewhat the same. 
Has to be a coach that can be a leader or men. Not just an X's and O's guy. 

Needs to be a guy willing to adjust. Someone that will change it all up, if he sees it isn't working. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The new coach has to match the culture built. It has to be able to maximize the football while keep a culture somewhat the same. 
Has to be a coach that can be a leader or men. Not just an X's and O's guy. 

Needs to be a guy willing to adjust. Someone that will change it all up, if he sees it isn't working. 

Does McDaniels fit the culture... that's a huge question.   Rumors are he's a D-Bag... very much like Hoodie.  Reports have said that most players are not fans of the Pat's locker room... the culture... but love winning... that part of the culture.  Can McDaniels find a middle ground... get the best of both worlds in the locker room?  

13 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

My top 3 are McDaniels, Shurmur, Carmichael.  

But honestly, I'll be shocked if its not McDaniels.  It's not just a lazy connection...  it's an obvious connection.  JRob and him worked for so long together... if anyone outside NE knows what he's all about, it's JRob.

I have my reservations... mainly, can he do his job and not try to micromanage every aspect of the offense... but I'm intrigued what Mariota looks like in that kind of offense.  I think Mariota can do every thing physically that Brady can do... can McDaniels give him the added edge to get him over the hump?

I wonder if the connection he has with JRob and their relationship would be enough that McDaniels would truly respect and listen to JRob’s opinion on things, much more so than in Denver where McDaniels was the judge, jury, and executioner. Here he won’t have that power and it should help him. He probably trusts JRob enough from a scouting stand point that the 2 would work very well together. 

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Does McDaniels fit the culture... that's a huge question.   Rumors are he's a D-Bag... very much like Hoodie.  Reports have said that most players are not fans of the Pat's locker room... the culture... but love winning... that part of the culture.  Can McDaniels find a middle ground... get the best of both worlds in the locker room?  

I don't think so. I don't think he fits.

I know his Xs and Os are nice but I don't trust him as a man.

4 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Marlurkey changed his coaching once he got here so maybe McDaniels has changed his ways as well