Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

I don't understand the hype with Vrabel as he may be a great motivator and can coach up LBs, but as a gameplanner and X's and O's guy he was AWFUL last year, so how is he supposed to tackle even more responsibility.  I get the QB guru trendiness, but if you want a good LB attitude guy, go get Jack Del Rio who at least knows how to do the job for a few years, then hire Vrabel in a year or two when he's actually qualified.  Or maybe, get a guy who can get your franchise player back on course because nothing else matters until you do.  I know it's got to be tough to say "no" to an NFL head coaching gig if asked, but I think it would actually be a bad career move for Vrabel to go to Indy who might have the worst roster in the NFL and are going to need more than a rah rah guy, even if Luck returns to health.  It was kind of hilarious to me that Irsay brought in my Baylor HC Matt Rhule* despite him being over his head last year as if he just googled "hot young coaches" and the only results he could find were articles written BEFORE last season (aka Rhule's 1-11, Vrabel's 4-12).  

One of the posters in the Texans forum had this to say about Vrabel

Just now, -Hope- said:

for all the talk about defilippo, has he actually interviewed anywhere yet? had any of the teams with vacancies expressed interest in doing so? seems awfully quiet on his end

Nope. Most I've seen is OC. 
Maybe he isn't ready for an HC in the eyes of the GMs and owners.
I was thinking about him in more of an OC light.

Senior bowl week starts soon, so I wonder how Robinson is going to balance finding a head coach and being around for that. Scouting/drafting is obviously his thing and what he seems to love doing the most. Might have to delegate quite a bit to Cowden this year in regards to scouting(at least for the senior bowl)

Edited by TitanLegend

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Senior bowl week starts soon, so I wonder how Robinson is going to balance finding a head coach and being around for that. Scouting/drafting is obviously his thing and what he seems to love doing the most. Might have to delegate quite a bit to Cowden this year in regards to scouting(at least for the senior bowl)

It is a good time to meet coaches actually. It is like a coaching convention. Unemployed coaches go there just to pass out the resumes, because everyone is in one place. 
I think it would be great if he makes a hire by the middle of next week. Don't know if that is unrealistic. 

I saw a quotw earlier... In regards to hiring a coach too early. Someone with the Steelers brought Tomlin up... As it was widely reported that it was too soon for him... He had a lack of coordinator experience, that he needed a year or two. He said that if tiud consider that candidate a year or two from now, why not now? The expectation is that you're not looking for a HC again in 1-2 years... Your hire the best fit now. Pointed to McVay as another example of this.

I dont remember hearing much if anything about McVay prior to his hiring. Were people saying the same at that point... I think its possible.

It looks like we're targetting that type of prospective HC right now... Vrabel, Wilks, Lefleur. That article has nailed all 3 so far. Cooter and Defillipo are the 2 names missing but they also fit that mold.