Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I really think Vrabel is going to be the guy. 

I was reading an article and it was talking about Gary Kubiak would be interested in becoming an OC. Didn't like the stress of HC, but OC maybe... Anyone thoughts on that?

You have a link to the article? I wouldn't mind Kubs as OC at all. I think his offense would fit Marcus well with a lot of the boot PA and things of that nature. Utilize Marcus' mobility but not necessarily designed runs. The one thing I like about Kubiak is that it has been proven he is willing to adapt his offense to suit an offenses' strengths. In Baltimore, they went away from boot action and strictly PA because Flacco wasn't as good out of the pocket. Same in Denver, the offense changed enough (granted, a lot of it was Manning) but it changed to better suit the team.

I have no insider knowledge, but out here in Denver there haven't been any rumblings about Kubiak being interested in being an OC anywhere and he recently has taken on a more involved role in the Broncos organization and is supposedly going to have a lot of say in the direction the Broncos go at QB but there may not be rumblings because no one has asked.

not only is gary kubiak a fantastic offensive coordinator and QB coach, but he would be really valuable to a young HC like vrabel. he would also likely be a longer-term solution for our offense than a young gun like flip or lafleur. i would have a lot more faith in vrabel if he were able to bring kubiak here.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

not only is gary kubiak a fantastic offensive coordinator and QB coach, but he would be really valuable to a young HC like vrabel. he would also likely be a longer-term solution for our offense than a young gun like flip or lafleur. i would have a lot more faith in vrabel if he were able to bring kubiak here.

Agreed. I’ve always liked Kubiak as an offensive coach. Underrated IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I still think Haley would be the top target for OC for Vrabel which is a big hell no for me.

I really don’t see why everyone is down on Haley based on what the media says about him, look at the facts with him as a play caller, under Haley Pittsburg has the best WR, best RB top 5 QB & a plethora of over achieving supporting cast JuJu Smith  & Bryant. I’m not saying Haley isnt at fault but I’m saying I think it’s more to it from the outside looking in than we know, & maybe it’s the Steelers trying to save face & put someone on notice. I for one will welcome Haley because he can coach & more than likely his days as a HC are numbered which means if he’s an OC he’ll stick around with Marcus

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I really don’t see why everyone is down on Haley based on what the media says about him, look at the facts with him as a play caller, under Haley Pittsburg has the best WR, best RB top 5 QB & a plethora of over achieving supporting cast JuJu Smith  & Bryant. I’m not saying Haley isnt at fault but I’m saying I think it’s more to it from the outside looking in than we know, & maybe it’s the Steelers trying to save face & put someone on notice. I for one will welcome Haley because he can coach & more than likely his days as a HC are numbered which means if he’s an OC he’ll stick around with Marcus

....wut? 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/02/todd-haley-wife-involved-in-bar-fight-injures-hip/

http://www.wpxi.com/news/steelers-todd-haley-wife-being-sued-home-builder/289235713

http://www.yardbarker.com/mobile/content/article/s1_12680_25302509

List goes on and on... he's not a good culture fit.

tenor.gif?itemid=7510036

11 minutes ago, VY said:

What does the 1st two have to do wit football, last time I check Anotionio Brown was a Diva & a distraction, It’s just been reported Le’Veon Bell come to meetings late & skipped the parts of the walk through last week practice. Like i said it’s more to it when you’re on the outside looking in, Big Ben has the popularity vote cause he’s the QB. But facts are he has what 3 of his best years under Haley tutelage. Pittsburg is a mess it’s always something & it’s not just Haley is all I’m saying

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

That is part of the reason we don't want him. He has all that, and they will go on to be that after he leaves, but he won't have the same success without them.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, VY said:

It could be said.....repeatedly and loudly that the success Pitt had was mainly due to the talent on the team rather than great game plans and play calls. 

39 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That is part of the reason we don't want him. He has all that, and they will go on to be that after he leaves, but he won't have the same success without them.

That remains to be seen because have you seen Pittsburg offense without Haley, ? yea when they had BA. That was before brown & bell. Haley has always coordinated top offenses, being a OC is not an easy job because you have talent, case in point Atlanta, same cast from last yr & offense fell off this year with a change in coordinators. I’m not saying I want Haley or it’s all lies, I’m sinply saying you guys are only looking at it from the outside looking in & not giving him his credit as an OC.. but time will tell 

Edited by TitanRedd

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Exactly.

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It could be said.....repeatedly and loudly that the success Pitt had was mainly due to the talent on the team rather than great game plans and play calls. 

Sounds good, but explain Atlanta this year after shanahan left. ? being an OC isn’t easy just cause you have talent you gotta know what to do with it, the irony we’re living proof.. facts though every where Haley’s been at he’s coached a top 10 offense. I’m not saying he’s not a problem or no enigma, but I’m saying I think Pittsburg is a mess waiting to explode, every year it’s a problem with star players

16 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Sounds good, but explain Atlanta this year after shanahan left. ? being an OC isn’t easy just cause you have talent you gotta know what to do with it, the irony we’re living proof.. facts though every where Haley’s been at he’s coached a top 10 offense. I’m not saying he’s not a problem or no enigma, but I’m saying I think Pittsburg is a mess waiting to explode, every year it’s a problem with star players

Good points. Play calling definitely has some art to it. Haley isn't the worst. But I don't know if he would be the best option either. 
Atlanta showed that you can't just put anyone in there and see it work. 
I wouldn't hate Haley, I'm just not going out looking for Haley..lol If that makes sense. 

• Like 1