AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: Jacksonville Jaguars #3 @ New England Patriots #1: Bortles vs. Brady

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

if they are a good team they had to scratch and claw to get in but how much were the Jags willing to risk to keep them out it really wasn't worth it?

Yup. Plus why would the Jaguars show the Titans looks they might see in the playoffs when it didn’t matter?

And I mean I’m certain that there were some players who were giving full effort in that Titans game. But to expect that every single player was going to treat a meaningless game as if it didn’t matter is pretty ridiculous.

Yan noticed that there were players who weren’t trying and called them out for it at halftime. But we’re supposed to treat it like everyone was trying their hardest because Marrone said he wanted them to try.

I understand iPwn but at the same time people don't even actually watch the teams they play they see Brady they see the lure of past championships. But people don't understand for everything that Brady is somebody is going to come along and want your spot on top of the mountain. Is this the year is the question this team is ahead of schedule.. they are playing with house money. How bad do they want it? That is the real question.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

I’ll just say... of the three Coughlin teams to play Brady in the playoffs, this is the most talented one. If this staff can channel Coughlin’s in game philosophy for this game, we have a real chance to win this.

I don't get this narrative at all. 1) He's in the front office, not on the sidelines. 2) The two SB's Coughlin did coach, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, game plan wise. Their DL got to Brady, they got the breaks (Tyree catch, Samuel INT drop, Manningham catch, etc.) 

I really don't think Coughlin's "philosophy" is going to have any impact on this game. Really think it comes down to if the Jaguars aggressive defense can create some turnovers and if they can get the running game going.

23 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This is downright awful analysis. I mean the Jaguars twice dismantled the Steelers who nearly beat the Pats *without Antonio Brown*. Does that mean the Pats have no shot?

You may not like it but.......I'm trying to figure out a good way to say this.......Brady is not throwing two pick sixes and Belichick isn't going to make a single bad coaching move, unlike Tomlin who choked the whole game.  If Pittsburgh won and was playing the Pats people would think the Steelers would get killed, even the Steelers fans.

Let's get real.... Pats take away the opponents main offensive threat especially if it is singular. So Fournette may get some yards but he ain't going for 150.  So the Jags have to score on the arm and mind of Bortles.....and score a lot.  He is facing the Patriots defense not Steelers defense.  Pats D since week 5 has been the best in the NFL.  Offensively,  Pittsburgh supposedly had a bad day and still out up 42.  Individually, the Steelers have some more talented offensive players than the Patriots.  But the Patriots have more depth, better QB, and better gameplannning.  

Bottom line, Pittsburgh had no business losing to the Jaguars, they were stupid.  They probably would have lost to the Titans.  And in actuality, Jags can thank the Pats, as it is clear as day that's where Steelers minds were.  Pats minds are on the Jags, I can pretty much guarantee that.  Yea I give Jags 10% chance, and I think that's fair.

3 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

You may not like it but.......I'm trying to figure out a good way to say this.......Brady is not throwing two pick sixes and Belichick isn't going to make a single bad coaching move, unlike Tomlin who choked the whole game.  If Pittsburgh won and was playing the Pats people would think the Steelers would get killed, even the Steelers fans.

Let's get real.... Pats take away the opponents main offensive threat especially if it is singular. So Fournette may get some yards but he ain't going for 150.  So the Jags have to score on the arm and mind of Bortles.....and score a lot.  He is facing the Patriots defense not Steelers defense.  Pats D since week 5 has been the best in the NFL.  Offensively,  Pittsburgh supposedly had a bad day and still out up 42.  Individually, the Steelers have some more talented offensive players than the Patriots.  But the Patriots have more depth, better QB, and better gameplannning.  

Bottom line, Pittsburgh had no business losing to the Jaguars, they were stupid.  They probably would have lost to the Titans.  And in actuality, Jags can thank the Pats, as it is clear as day that's where Steelers minds were.  Pats minds are on the Jags, I can pretty much guarantee that.  Yea I give Jags 10% chance, and I think that's fair.

Ok now you're trolling the Pats D has been the best D where? They rank 30th but they are fifth in take aways and they give up 4.7 yard per rush attempt they are classic bend but don't break they had a good scheme against a beat up line the killed #71 for the Titans and iced the game because of piss poor line play from the Titans. If you think that Brady is going to throw for an additional 450 and 5TDs you're smoking crack. Don't give them 10 give them 0 but its not like your 10% is going to win or lose this game because after this week when the Pats lose you won't be back so why are you here? 

48 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

Bottom line, Pittsburgh had no business losing to the Jaguars, they were stupid. 

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha. Obliterated twice in the same season, but had no business losing.

And lets get real - the best pass defense in football - who just allowed the least yards in NFL history is not having three perfect passes thrown (two on on fourth down) against perfect coverage all converted for TDs two weeks in a row. And the Patriots don’t have Antonio Brown to haul in two TDs against perfect coverage.

The Jags defense also wouldn’t have played as lax as they did in the second half if they didn’t build two different 21 point leads.

The Jags are suppose to lose so what happens if they win.. Pats fans gotta live with the GOAT being beat by Bortles.. I'm sure Jags fans can live with being beat by the GOAT. But can the Pats fans handle being beat by Blake Bortles? That would be the bigger question.

49 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I don't get this narrative at all. 1) He's in the front office, not on the sidelines.

Marrone has stated he talks to Coughlin every single day, more than anyone else on the planet, including his own wife. Coughlin may not be on the sideline, but he’s clearly helping Marrone with the head coaching responsibilities and will have a lot of input on these types of games.

54 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

2) The two SB's Coughlin did coach, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, game plan wise. Their DL got to Brady,

Well yes - as the plan for the most disruptive front 4 in football will be yet again. He also had them do some things in the back end with coverages that mitigated what Brady could do even when they went to getting the ball out faster.

48 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Ok now you're trolling the Pats D has been the best D where? They rank 30th but they are fifth in take aways and they give up 4.7 yard per rush attempt they are classic bend but don't break they had a good scheme against a beat up line the killed #71 for the Titans and iced the game because of piss poor line play from the Titans. If you think that Brady is going to throw for an additional 450 and 5TDs you're smoking crack. Don't give them 10 give them 0 but its not like your 10% is going to win or lose this game because after this week when the Pats lose you won't be back so why are you here? 

SINCE WEEK 5 (sorry for the caps but you obviously didn't catch that small detail the first time) the Patriots have had the NFLs best scoring defense.  Scoring defense is all that you need to know. Unfortunately for you  I am not a troll.  And unfortunately for your Jags, they aren't playing the Pats D of September.  They are facing the NFLs current best D.

3 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

SINCE WEEK 5 (sorry for the caps but you obviously didn't catch that small detail the first time) the Patriots have had the NFLs best scoring defense.  Scoring defense is all that you need to know. Unfortunately for you  I am not a troll.  And unfortunately for your Jags, they aren't playing the Pats D of September.  They are facing the NFLs current best D.

The Jags are suppose to lose so what happens if they win.. Pats fans gotta live with the GOAT being beat by Bortles.. I'm sure Jags fans can live with being beat by the GOAT. But can the Pats fans handle being beat by Blake Bortles? That would be the bigger question.

24 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

And unfortunately for your Jags, they aren't playing the Pats D of September.  They are facing the NFLs current best D.

Pretty convenient that the Pats have played 4 teams that score at a level with the Jaguars and you want us to ignore how they did against three of them. 

41 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha. Obliterated twice in the same season, but had no business losing.

And lets get real - the best pass defense in footballs - who just allowed the least yards in NFL history is not having three perfect passes thrown (two on on fourth down) against perfect coverage all converted for TDs two weeks in a row. And the Patriots don’t have Antonio Brown to haul in two TDs against perfect coverage.

The Jags defense also wouldn’t have played as lax as they did in the second half if they didn’t build two different 21 point leads.

A three point win is obliteration?

Let's get real - the statistical best defense in football just gave up 469 yds and 5 TDs.

Least yards in NFL history?......but I'm a troll???.....yea ok......  that would be least yards in Jaguars history.

You are right they don't have Antonio Brown, they have this TE named Rob Gronkowski, (you may have heard of him) a much bigger mismatch than Antonio Brown.  Oh yeah they have this QB named Brady who is even a more accurate passer than Roethlisberger.

Jags played lax.....ok.....do they know they in the playoffs?  I mean I'd bet they knew.  Playoff games are hard to win.  They will need to be perfect this week to win.  Pats are 19-3 at home in playoffs under Belichick and Brady.  That's a 13.6 winning percentage.  I don't believe Bortles can outplay Brady and Pats defense is better right now so I have dropped that percent down 3.6 to an even 10%.  Pretty reasonable but you guys are all playoff rookies and getting your panties in a bunch......relax there are a ton of teams that would kill to have those odds.

41 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

No they would lose their minds.  And you would own IMO the biggest loss in Pats history.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

This is downright awful analysis. I mean the Jaguars twice dismantled the Steelers who nearly beat the Pats *without Antonio Brown*. Does that mean the Pats have no shot?

Not sure it's even worth a response.

39 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

A three point win is obliteration?

Good box score scouting. Maybe actually watch what happened in the game next time.

40 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

Least yards in NFL history?......but I'm a troll???.....yea ok......  that would be least yards in Jaguars history.

Try again.

42 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

You are right they don't have Antonio Brown, they have this TE named Rob Gronkowski, (you may have heard of him) a much bigger mismatch than Antonio Brown. 

Yeah, that’s why Brown missed 2 and a half games and still had 500 more yards and 1 more TD than Gronk, right?

45 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

Jags played lax.....ok.....do they know they in the playoffs? 

Do you know they held two different 21 point leads in that game? Do you know that Ben has never, not once in his entire career, come back from down 21? Yes, they played lax once they jumped out to a huge lead. Because they could. Look at the coverages they ran throughout the game and please show me how the aggression on coverages were even close to the same in the second half as the were in the first half.

52 minutes ago, VegasOdds101 said:

Pats are 19-3 at home in playoffs under Belichick and Brady.  That's a 13.6 winning percentage.  I don't believe Bortles can outplay Brady

Those three losses? Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco twice. Flacco threw for 34 yards in one of the wins. But sure, Blake has no chance.

Archived