Coaching staff vacancies

amazingandre

Yes, Vrabel's got plenty of leadership and fire and I guess that has worked in Pitt with Cowher and Tomlin (if you forget how many of their teams underachieved), but mainly because they had top notch ownership, Lebeau before his 80th birthday, some great offensive minds, and hall of fame talent at QB, RB, and WR.  Sure there is offensive talent at QB/RB and Oline in Tenn, but if Sean Ryan is the best they can come up with, they are screwed.   Might want to take a look at the disaster that was his primary pupil in Tom Savage who spent 3 years in the system, starter reps all offseason and under Ryan's coaching looked as woefully unprepared to run an offense as any QB I've ever seen.  His starting QB got benched after 1 half into the season where he had more turnovers and sacks (8) than completions (7) and led an offense that gained 64 yards in 7 drives with no points while giving back 53 yards and a TD to the defense.  Watson had a great 6 game run basically running a few Dabo Swinney plays and improvising, the best pass catcher in the game in Hopkins making him look real good, and he got hurt before the real "coaching" would have kicked in which was going to have to come when the defense adjusted to his unique talent and turnovers became a problem. 

Seriously, hiring guys off a team that just went 4-12 is bad enough, but hiring a guy who presided over a defense that went from top 3 to dead last in pts per game in his 1 season and a low tier QB coach who has never called a play or come close to running an offense for that 4-12 team is almost as hilarious as sad sack Bud Adams flipping off Bills fans.  Of course, he's now in hell watching the Bills/Oilers 35-3 playoff choke in perpetual loop (likely threatening to move if he doesn't get more luxury boxes), but I would have thought by now Titans fans would have learned to stop digging in our trash trying to find their treasure.  Heck, we haven't even officially tossed Rick Smith in the can yet, but I'm sure if you ask real nice we'll let him stink up your draft room on days 2 and 3 and we'll even promise to act really sad if you sign Tom Savage as Mariota's backup.

11 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Watson had a great 6 game run basically running a few Dabo Swinney plays and improvising, the best pass catcher in the game in Hopkins making him look real good,

ok side bar, i'm not ready to crown watson the GOAT just yet but

like a third of these are to our TE3, and he's the only QB we've had to make Will Fuller relevant (he literally led the league in WR TDs for a moment). it's way more than just dabo and hopkins, watson definitely has a good idea of where the ball needed to go and he put it there perfectly and on time multiple times. you cant have a historic rookie season if you're only relying on Hopkins, just ask any of our other QBs who've literally only relied on hopkins to look good

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Patriots LBs coach Brian Flores will target ex-Lions coach Jim Caldwell to be his offensive coordinator if he lands the Cardinals job.

I wish we were bringing Caldwell in.  FIrst, the man was OC for 2 SB champs.  Second, we could easily had 1st shot at him.  Third, he is my frat bruh (so I am biased). ;)

On 1/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Come on, man.  As a mod, I'd expect you to have a more open mind about his unique perspective and refrain from using such an offensive and hurtful slur. Let's please get with the times and agree to refer to him by his proper name Anthony Littleperson.  I mean this team ought to be especially sensitive to such things after subjecting Trindon Holliday to carney act ridicule by bullying him into riding that tricycle in camp and I'm not so sure the whole taking a knee thing wasn't done to mock the vertically challenged (Kaep is 6' 4" after all (6' 8" with the 'fro) - and could never understand the little man's struggle). What's next, are we going to make fun of our Gimel President's tiny hands despite our owners affinity with him?  I bet we even still have a "halfback toss" in our playbook yet O'Brien's outmoded preference for fullback culture is clear especially in "short yardage situations" where the toss might work.

I'm not proud that I may have used the "m word" in reference to Brice McCain a few times, but like learning that it was wrong to call Jacoby Jones a full-blown Cromartie retard, I have adjusted my vernacular to show respect to mentally challenged persons and appreciate those that overcome their latex allergy after their 14th born. Frankly, I think it is about time the NFL add the Schefter/Costas Clause to the Rooney Rule and interview at least one dwarf for open positions as football is 70 years behind baseball on this one.* 

* Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Gaedel 

-   The Texans are hiring John Pagano as a linebackers coach, Alex Marvez of the Sporting News reports. Bobby King will continue to coach the team’s inside linebackers.

I think this is a great hire. Pagano has 22 years NFL coaching experience including DC in Oakland and with the Chargers. He should do a good job with the OLB.

-   Titans hired Texans’ Pat O’Hara to coach QBs and Shane Bowen for OLBs. O’Hara was offensive assistant and Bowen was assistant LBs with Texans.

Vrabel hires two assistants he worked with in Houston. Neither should be a big loss but I imagine we hire an offensive assistant with the loss of O'Hara (Also interviewed for bears QB coach). 

Archived