2018 Offseason thread

GSUeagles14

I don't hate Sark, to be honest. He made some questionable calls, sure (I'm looking at you toss plays), but I thought he got better as the season went on. And the biggest reason this offense took a step back was strength of schedule and execution from the players, IMO. Way too many dropped balls and fluke interceptions. I think we'll see a rebound year for the offense in 2018. 

This video does a great job showing what pisses me off about Sark.

He just does not look prepared. Is offense isn't any better then what we had under Mularkey except the talent is way better. What happened with keeping Shanahans offense somewhat intact? I remember seeing some of the Shanny plays early in the year with TE's getting schemed open and bunch formations. I can't recall seeing any of that in the last few weeks. 

There is still hope since Shanahan wasn't great in his first year either, but boy am I afraid this isn't going to work out and next year is going to be a wasted year.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:15 AM, DutchFalcon said:

This video does a great job showing what pisses me off about Sark.

He just does not look prepared. Is offense isn't any better then what we had under Mularkey except the talent is way better. What happened with keeping Shanahans offense somewhat intact? I remember seeing some of the Shanny plays early in the year with TE's getting schemed open and bunch formations. I can't recall seeing any of that in the last few weeks. 

There is still hope since Shanahan wasn't great in his first year either, but boy am I afraid this isn't going to work out and next year is going to be a wasted year.

Welllll, let's all keep in mind that Steve Sarkisian is a sensitive Armenian with a drinking problem. He's been battling substance abuse for a long time:

"ESPN later reported that Sarkisian came to a pre-practice meeting, only to have his assistants tell him to go home when he appeared to be intoxicated.[20] Scott Wolf, the USC beat writer for the Los Angeles Daily News, reported on Twitter that several players smelled alcohol on Sarkisian's breath.[21]

On October 12, 2015, Haden announced that Sarkisian had been fired and named Helton as interim head coach for the remainder of the season (though the "interim" tag was removed after the season).[22] He subsequently revealed that he had tried to call Sarkisian to notify him personally, but by then Sarkisian was on his way to an out-of-state rehab facility and could not be reached. According to ESPN, Haden had placed Sarkisian on a zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol use after Sarkisian claimed to have mixed alcohol with medication, despite the fact that he appeared to have simply drank far too heavily before giving a drunken and profanity-laced speech at a booster club event. The apparent intoxication at practice would have been grounds for termination.[23] However, multiple reports said that Sarkisian's assistants believed he was drunk during a game against Arizona State.[22]"

Double moves? "Rub" routes? Okay, I get it, but these concerns pale in the face of our hopes that Steve Sarkisian gets better, for himself, and for his family, which comes first. Then maybe he can come back next year- for many years- and redeem himself in the eyes of Falcons fans. Until then, I'm sure we all wish the best for Steve Sarkisian!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 12:42 PM, coors said:

What's the word on us trying to resign TC?

I think it's imperative we keep him and Freeman together.

Also, does Sony Michel remind you guys of TC? He does for me. 

hes not a fa until next year and i wouldnt expect anything comin out until then. Will certainly be tough to keep both.

As far as sony, hes much, much bigger than coleman and prob isnt as quick/explosive. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, coors said:

kick the tires on Jordy Nelson?

if he would come in on a cheaper deal, but not sure that would be the case. kinda feel like until ryan signs his deal and we know how much we have to work with, everything else is on hold.

Archived