Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Also that Julio trade... man that's crazy.

Someone has a lot of faith in Dak, Vic, and no faith in Cam to have to pull that off.

Feel that iPwn won that deal.

10-6 or better for the last 4(?) seasons, feels the need to rebuild.

I don't get it. But to each their own.

From the perspective of an in division rival.

1. This might cripple one of the best offenses of the last few seasons. Thumbs Up

2. This creates one of the best WR cores ever assembled, with a highly efficient QB. Thumbs down

3. Sabo likely finishes 8-8 at best for the upcoming seasons, rather than 10-6 like I always expect. Thumbs up

4. Pwn likely finishes with one or two more wins this season, and his future relies on how well he drafts. Thumbs at 180 angle.

5. Sabo rebuilding could push me back into my rightful spot of #3 in the Blue division. Thumbs up.

6. My ceiling is still #3 in the Blue division. Thumbs down

7. I'm still the most recent team to win it for the Blue division. Thumbs up

3 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

10-6 or better for the last 4(?) seasons, feels the need to rebuild.

I don't get it. But to each their own.

It's def a crazy decision, but if Dak ends up turning things around and establishing himself as a top 8 QB, and Vic actually improves as a pass rusher and not just a guy who had an insane sack total one year... it could be nice. It's a QB driven league.

But Cam's 2017 was way better than his 2016 campaign and I can't see him taking a step back, at least not in the near future. Add to that he's already got Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter on the edges, and it really is a bit of a head scratching decision.

In before #JaguarGate.

32 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Also that Julio trade... man that's crazy.

Someone has a lot of faith in Dak, Vic, and no faith in Cam to have to pull that off.

Feel that iPwn won that deal.

took a risk much like i did a few seasons ago when i traded matt ryan for a de, it worked out then and i get a potential long term qb in the sim and a franchise [and younger] edge guy for a 29 year old wr who stopped catching tds -- sure short term i may have lost a good wr but i get to keep or move one of two qbs and still be in the same shape as i was last sim season iono

37 minutes ago, Its A Sabotage said:

took a risk much like i did a few seasons ago when i traded matt ryan for a de, it worked out then and i get a potential long term qb in the sim and a franchise [and younger] edge guy for a 29 year old wr who stopped catching tds -- sure short term i may have lost a good wr but i get to keep or move one of two qbs and still be in the same shape as i was last sim season iono

I can respect that. I think part of why I view the trade differently is twofold:

1. Vic Beasley - While I was a fan of Vic coming out in the draft, he hasn't really produced as a consistent pass rusher. His 15 sack season had something like 45 total pressures (compared to an elite guy like Mack who had 96 that same season). A sack rate of 33% on all your pressures is pretty unsustainable, I believe the average is around 12.5%. And we saw it drop drastically last year.

2. Dak Prescott - Young QB who showed promise is expensive. And obviously adding another QB when you already have a franchise guy... could work out though, I did something similar when I traded for Philip Rivers while still having Cam Newton.

I also think that while Julio might not be getting the touchdowns IRL (3 last season), his talent won't stop him in the sim, he had 11 and 7 last year. But I can understand the logic, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

Edited by RuskieTitan

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

In before #JaguarGate.

You ever see those relationships where some mediocre dude just wears down a girl to where she eventually dates him? That’s what happened here, I think. I’ve been trying to get Julio since the first day I joined the sim and finally wore him down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

2. This creates one of the best WR cores ever assembled, with a highly efficient QB. Thumbs down

If Thomas finds a way to play the way he does IRL, this gotta be the best ever assembled, right?

19 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If Thomas finds a way to play the way he does IRL, this gotta be the best ever assembled, right?

Odell and fitz were the best I've had/seen with Romo.

Could be bias. But Julio and Thomas(if Thomas plays at his level irl) should easily top them.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

Odell and fitz were the best I've had/seen with Romo.

Could be bias. But Julio and Thomas(if Thomas plays at his level irl) should easily top them.

Pretty sure I had a year with Calvin / AJ Green / TY Hilton

Just saying :)

But yeah, Without looking through every team ever, these 3 combos have to be on the mount rushmore

• Like 3

Malcom Floyd [16 GS]: 77 receptions for 1,032 yards (13.40 YPR, 35 LNG), 5 touchdowns, 6 drops, 2 fumbles.
Vincent Jackson [16 GS]: 79 receptions for 1,119 yards (14.16 YPR, 46 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 2 drops.
Wes Welker [16 GS]: 74 receptions for 1,059 yards (14.31 YPR, 62 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 drop, 3 fumbles.

Obviously the GOAT trio. foh

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Pretty sure I had a year with Calvin / AJ Green / TY Hilton

Just saying :)

But yeah, Without looking through every team ever, these 3 combos have to be on the mount rushmore

Damn. True.