Colts expected to hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

LOL what oc's were running away? And how exactly did he "fold like a lawn chair" 

You may have never ever watched the guy play if you are questioning his toughness on the field.  You just have leftover hatred because he jumped ship.  Get over it, it's been a decade

I think you may be jay. Haha Everyone knows the story of jay and for you to defend him for 2 days now is hilarious. He has a 9min video on YouTube of just interceptions in packer games. He is a clown who stole checks and never put his team into contention for a Super Bowl. That’s not good, his arm talent was real, the rest needed work but he never wanted it. 

15 hours ago, 98Eddie said:

I think you may be jay. Haha Everyone knows the story of jay and for you to defend him for 2 days now is hilarious. He has a 9min video on YouTube of just interceptions in packer games. He is a clown who stole checks and never put his team into contention for a Super Bowl. That’s not good, his arm talent was real, the rest needed work but he never wanted it. 

Just me?  Lets get @G08, or any number of other Bears fans in here and they will all disagree with you.  The only story of jay you know is the one that you hear from meatballs and spiteful media, and being that you are a Denver fan who apparently thinks that McDaniels did no wrong I'm not surprised thats the only story you are willing to hear.  I had 8 years of watching Jay, listening to reports, hearing his conversations, hearing thoughts from players and coaches.  You have the one repeated narrative.  Jay isn't the reason the Bears couldn't make the super bowl, it was the piss poor drafting of Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery, and the fact that for years Jay had top WR's like Devin Hester and Johnny Knox, had a crap OL, and historically bad defense.  The only year the team was all together good, with good coaching, offensive talent, and strong defense was 2010, where they made it deep into the playoffs, but he was knocked out of the NFC championship due to a grade 2 MCL tear.  Anything beyond that you can attribute to poor supporting talent, terrible coaching, and bad drafting.  Bears have been cursed with all of that since '10.  And of course he's thrown interceptions against the packers, they play twice a year.  I'm not even saying Jay is an overall good QB.  He's one of the best in Bears history, but never stated he was much more than average or that he lived up to his expectations.  As I said before, the deck was stacked against him, and his attitude isn't the reason for his failings.

Edited by TankWilliams

Jay had his faults, but that Bears team was unbelievably barren of talent offensively. You could easily see his value to the team when they were 7-3, Jay goes down with a broken thumb on his throwing hand, the Bears proceed to lose the next 5 games and finish the season 8-8.

The dude has his flaws, I don't think he was the best at reading coverages and was brash with teammates that he felt weren't holding up their end of the bargain, but at the end of the day he was a solid QB for us, especially when we afforded him with a top 10 defense.

@98Eddie: 36-7 record when the defense allowed 20 points or fewer... nothing to scoff at, ESPECIALLY in a QB-retarded franchise like Chicago.  

• Like 1

Year
Team
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

MIA

CHI

CHI

CHI

CHI

CHI

CHI

CHI

CHI

DEN

DEN

DEN

Career

Maybe 1 GOOD year!?!?  Excuses just get you beat, you have to WANT to find a way. Jay was content. I’d take Andy dalton who has 1/2 the arm but is a great teammate. 
Also I like how you think you know me, trying to make the conversation personal. Just shows how lost you truly are. Everyone knows the jay story, no need for ESPN. 

Lmao.  you are still ignoring what we are ACTUALLY saying.  Not that jay was amazing or even above average.  We are saying that he's not a bad teammate, he's not an "absolute headcase" as you put it, and the failures in chicago aren't solely on him.  Could he have been better?  Absolutely.  But he was not what held the team back, certainly not due to his attitude or demeanor.  And for the record, I'd classify his 2010, 2014, and 2015 seasons as pretty good.  Not world beating, but certainly enough to keep the bears in position.  Other failings made the bears fall flat.

16 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

Jay was content

That quote right there tells me that you know nothing about what you are saying.

You want to hate the guy, hate the guy. You want to say he sucks, fine by me -- but don't be spewing out garbage like this when you really have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Believe what you want my friend. Jay was a head case, it’s proven. Yeah maybe he’s not on meds but maybe he should have been. He had all the arm talent in the world, just none of the other qualities that make a qb great. 

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

That quote right there tells me that you know nothing about what you are saying.

You want to hate the guy, hate the guy. You want to say he sucks, fine by me -- but don't be spewing out garbage like this when you really have no idea what you're talking about.

What???!??? He was content!!! Proof..... did he ever get better????? Just stop, he sucked as a person end of story!! His best year was his 3rd season before they baited you out of 2 first rounders for his head case ***!!! 

Edited by 98Eddie

19 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

What???!??? He was content!!! Proof..... did he ever get better????? Just stop, he sucked as a person end of story!! His best year was his 3rd season before they baited you out of 2 first rounders for his head case ***!!! 

Did he, like, call you a dweeb in high school or something xD

• Like 1

Josh learned his lesson in Denver - taking a job without a suitable long-term solution at QB in place, you put yourself behind the 8-ball before assuming command. With Andrew Luck (and Jacoby Brissett, who he obviously has familiarity with), he mitigates those concerns immediately.

Have to think this suggests Luck is finally on the right track to being healthy once again. Don't think the Colts vacancy is nearly as appealing in comparison to some other jobs without a perceivably healthy Andrew Luck.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

Did he, like, call you a dweeb in high school or something xD

Naw, you and your boy tried to call me out on my jay cutler take, and I’m proving you wrong. Anyone else y’all would like to call to the stand? Watch interviews with former players they will say what I’ve said, and I didn’t need them to know he was a bum. Can’t believe you think your going to turn this around on me. Cutler was a bum!

Edited by 98Eddie

This is so comical.  @G08 we should pack it up, he's clearly proved us wrong, with all these sources and first hand references and everything he's throwing at us, we are clearly wrong about "our boy".  Clearly Jay was a cancer from day one, deserved the boot before he started, and has been the sole reason the Bears were bad over the past 8 seasons.  Just by getting rid of him we were so much better of a team last year than at any other point in the 8 years prior.