Aaron Rodgers

Golfman

Hundley stunk the place up IMO leading me to conclude I'd be more than happy if he never took another regular season snap for the GBPs. Here's the rub - if we stick with him (on the roster) till TC next year and he lights it up in Preseason #4 similar to his Preseason #1 - what have we got?

An "experienced" Veteran (?) who's year 3.....building blocks (to view it favorably) has produced a backup we can rely on? Or - do we jettison him and start from scratch? Somebody in the organization needs to make a "cold hard truth" assessment of his growth/skills - NOW. 

The D's got a new start. Plug some actual difference makers in selected spots.....kick people in the *** that cant figure out what the hell they're supposed to be doing (until such time at the light bulb goes off) - and we should be okay.

I hope our new DC is a "down on the sideline" kinda guy - and "coaches" his minions during the game eyeball to eyeball.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

I think its going to take more than 2 players.  Jacksonville and Minnesota are both loaded with dominate pass rushers. 

I think we're a top tier shut down CB (ie Rhodes or Ramsey all pro level of CB) and multiple pass rushers away from even being in the conversation. 

Daniel can rush the passer. Perry can rush the passer when healty. Lowry and Clarke have shown flashes. One DOMINANT pass rusher and it changes a lot of things IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hundley stunk the place up IMO leading me to conclude I'd be more than happy if he never took another regular season snap for the GBPs. Here's the rub - if we stick with him (on the roster) till TC next year and he lights it up in Preseason #4 similar to his Preseason #1 - what have we got?

An "experienced" Veteran (?) who's year 3.....building blocks (to view it favorably) has produced a backup we can rely on? Or - do we jettison him and start from scratch? Somebody in the organization needs to make a "cold hard truth" assessment of his growth/skills - NOW. 

The D's got a new start. Plug some actual difference makers in selected spots.....kick people in the *** that cant figure out what the hell they're supposed to be doing (until such time at the light bulb goes off) - and we should be okay.

I hope our new DC is a "down on the sideline" kinda guy - and "coaches" his minions during the game eyeball to eyeball.

I've tried to defend Hundley as much as possible, but I can't anymore. He's Graham Harrell Pt. II; start over. Kinda wish we kept Taysom Hill.

If Josh Allen is available in the 3rd, we'd be stupid not to pull the trigger.

Also. Does anyone really care that Danica is dating Aaron? 

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

I've tried to defend Hundley as much as possible, but I can't anymore. He's Graham Harrell Pt. II; start over. Kinda wish we kept Taysom Hill.

I've not delved into the QBs coming out in this draft - but during the 2017 season happened across a some videos of Josh Allen that impressed me a good deal. Now - YouTube videos can be distorting of a players overall skills - but from the looks of it, Allen could throw 50-60yd ropes as easy as 10yd outs. The guy had an NFL arm already IMO (I thought it far superior to Rosen and the USC kid) and had excellent escape skills. Whats he got between the ears. I've no clue.

Since I've little doubt the GBPs wont designate a draft pick high enough to select him - I'll just have to see how it plays out with whomever does draft him - but he can chuck it with the best of them. 

As for AR & Danica - others will have to determine their own interest. I simply posted an article located along the way for folks to consider.

53 minutes ago, Joe said:

I guess they do. I think that's weird. You ever start to Google an athlete and it'll suggest PLAYER NAME girlfriend as one of the top suggestions. WTF

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Not really.   As long as they are happy it really isn't any of my business.  If he's happy he might play better?

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Losing Taysom Hill has niggled at me the whole season. Since he outplayed Hundley in preseason, it was a bad move to keep Hundley instead, one of those "safe but wrong" decisions that can so easily be made. As quoted in the film 'The Virgin and the Gypsy. "Be braver". Taysom might end up being nothing, but I liked what I saw.

Josh Allen hmmm. No, not even round 3.

I don't care who AR dates. His private life, while more public than most, is his to choose.

4 hours ago, SSG said:

The team without Rodgers is though.  This team is not a playoff team without anything but tremendous play from the QB position.  if we're not getting elite play at QB, we're going to lose more games than we win. 

You have no evidence to support this conclusion. We won 3 games with a bottom 5 QB, and the last two games were pure tank mode. An average QB could easily put us at 9 wins. 

15 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

You have no evidence to support this conclusion. We won 3 games with a bottom 5 QB, and the last two games were pure tank mode. An average QB could easily put us at 9 wins. 

Though we went a VERY UGLY 3-7 without Rodgers you are right that its hard to substantiate, though its no easier to substantiate the idea that an "average QB" could have won 9 games with that same roster (AR12 was the QB for 4 of the wins).

We didn't look like we were just one average QB away from being good in my eyes.  Our 3 wins came against 3 awful teams (10 combined wins).  2 of those wins were extremely UGLY wins in OT.  We got outclassed in all 4 meetings with Detroit and Minnesota.  While our QB play was bad it wasn't the only culprit.  Our defense gave up the 7th most points while being in the bottom half of the league in forcing turnovers and sacks. 

2 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

And there is no evidence that an average QB could easily put us at 9 wins.  

3 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I guess they do. I think that's weird. You ever start to Google an athlete and it'll suggest PLAYER NAME girlfriend as one of the top suggestions. WTF

I Google a lot of player names just to get their stats and this almost always comes up.  It's so weird to me.  I don't give a flying **** if Rodgers is dating Danica Patrick, Olivia Munn or Richard effing Simmons. 

2 hours ago, SSG said:

Though we went a VERY UGLY 3-7 without Rodgers you are right that its hard to substantiate, though its no easier to substantiate the idea that an "average QB" could have won 9 games with that same roster (AR12 was the QB for 4 of the wins).

We didn't look like we were just one average QB away from being good in my eyes.  Our 3 wins came against 3 awful teams (10 combined wins).  2 of those wins were extremely UGLY wins in OT.  We got outclassed in all 4 meetings with Detroit and Minnesota.  While our QB play was bad it wasn't the only culprit.  Our defense gave up the 7th most points while being in the bottom half of the league in forcing turnovers and sacks. 

But this is all with a Deshon Kizer level QB. They had 0 wins. And you can hold the last two games against them if you want, but it was apparent from top down they were simply not trying to win. They treated those games like preseason. Pro-rated out, we would have been 6-10. That's better or equal then 6 teams, and we had a worse QB then arguably all of them, but definitely worse then 4 of them. 

37 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And there is no evidence that an average QB could easily put us at 9 wins.  

No direct evidence correct. But it is clear that we were closer to a 9 win team with an average to decent QB then a 4 win team. Brett Hundley was 34th in DYAR, Kirk Cousins was 16th. I firmly believe we would be a 9 win team with Kirk Cousins. I get people are upset about how the season went. I am too. But our record was mostly attributable to horrible QB play. 

The really weird thing about Hundley is just how much worse he was at home vs. away. He was absolutely atrocious at Lambeau while actually being pretty darn good on the road. The consensus is that inexperienced QBs will struggle on the road. Hundley's passer rating was ~40 points higher on the road. It really defies almost all the conventional wisdom.

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I Google a lot of player names just to get their stats and this almost always comes up.  It's so weird to me.  I don't give a flying **** if Rodgers is dating Danica Patrick, Olivia Munn or Richard effing Simmons. 

It can be like a super random guy too. And just like you, I'm checking stats or something and there it is, so weird.

Archived