what are we learning from the playoffs?

mar29020

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

That you don't need to spend a lot on a QB to win...

But you need a competent qb. Our luck has been poor in finding one over the last two decades until now. Well I guess we had Humphries, Green & Johnson before Cousins but we didn’t keep them.

19 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

wait until jacksonville has to pay their corners. i dont understand this attitude that its okay to let kirk go. DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 4-12??????????????????//

4-12 or 7-9? Neither one gets us to the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

wait until jacksonville has to pay their corners. i dont understand this attitude that its okay to let kirk go. DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 4-12??????????????????//

Aj Bouye is one of the highest paid corners in the NFL, as are 3 of their DL. They also spent a lot on safeties.

37 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

you'll never understand i guess

I understand what you're saying and to a degree I agree. I think right now paying Kirk would be a good decision but we aren't exactly lighting the world on fire with him. Now that's not all his fault but it's going to be difficult to field a competent team around him with what we're going to spend to keep him. Is it really worth it if we end up like the Lions who are spending a boatload on Stafford to basically miss the playoffs every year? 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

But you need a competent qb. Our luck has been poor in finding one over the last two decades until now. Well I guess we had Humphries, Green & Johnson before Cousins but we didn’t keep them.

Competent, yes. Hell, I wouldn't call Bortles competent but that defense can rush the passer so well it doesn't really matter. You don't need to spend $28M a year for "competent" though. 

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Running the ball & defense wins championships but our front office and HC don’t value those things, it’s a problem.

HUH ? Our first three picks last year were Defense and the 4th was a running back !!

Archived