Rookie CB

Pandomonium

3 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

its really sad about Donte Johnson, 
this dude is not smooth enough to play corner although he has speed  and not physical enough sto play safety even though he has size.

One of my high school coaches used to call it "big for nothin'" 

what's funny is, I can see us letting him walk in free agency, him going to another team (probably seattle just because) and playing lights out. smh

He won't play lights out anywhere because he's simply just not good. We have ran three different schemes since he's been in the league and hasn't flashed in any of them. That's a sign right there. I'd maybe agree with you if we weren't properly using him, but I don't see that being the case here.

But this is why Denzel Ward should be a candidate for our 1st rounder. Lacks the size Johnson has, but a much more of a natural in coverage. 

I like Hughes over Ward. Best defensive player on one of the best defenses in the country means something to me. He was a JUCO transfer so he's probably more under the radar than he should be. But if he tests at the top of his position group (which he could he's a crazy athlete) then I'd throw him in consideration at #10 too. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I like Hughes over Ward. Best defensive player on one of the best defenses in the country means something to me. He was a JUCO transfer so he's probably more under the radar than he should be. But if he tests at the top of his position group (which he could he's a crazy athlete) then I'd throw him in consideration at #10 too. 

Highlight reel?

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He won't play lights out anywhere because he's simply just not good. We have ran three different schemes since he's been in the league and hasn't flashed in any of them. That's a sign right there. I'd maybe agree with you if we weren't properly using him, but I don't see that being the case here.

Disagree. He flashed as a rookie with Fangio. Had a pick his very first game against the Cowboys if I recall correctly...

38 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Disagree. He flashed as a rookie with Fangio. Had a pick his very first game against the Cowboys if I recall correctly...

Didn't Marcus Cooper have a pick in his very first game, albeit with the Chiefs? 

54 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Sure, he may have had a good game here or there, but overall didn't flash. And he had plenty of opportunities. Just not a good corner.

I do recall Dontae Johnson being a better CB with Fangio. Don't know if that means anything, really, but it is what I remember. Now? Probably expendable.

I will consider any player from that UCF Defense. That was one of the more interesting (perhaps MOST intereseting) bowl games this college season.

Archived