Mock Free Agency/Draft 1.0

Mockortalk

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Love the Bengals signings in free agency and trade up for Nelson, but as another Bengals fan said above, I don't see it happening.  We are in this mess due to the fact they didn't value guards enough to pay to retain Zeitler.  

Our guards are fine. We're in this mess because we wouldn't give whitworth a long term deal and drafted garbage at tackle and center. But the point that we aren't taking a guard in the top 5 is spot on. Also, I don't see McCarron as worth enough to make that move. 

17 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Congrats on finishing it and Vita Vea is a fantastic pick for the Falcons at 26.  I still would like to get a FA or 2 somewhere in there since we lost every single good one we had xD

Lol yeah thanks, I was almost done then my page kept refreshing and it erased everything. I had to do the whole post all over again, but yeah I don’t see ATL bringing back Poe especially with the quality of the position in the draft. And I do agree that they will sign free agents but I don’t think they will be a big player. I’m going to collect everyone’s thoughts and try to improve it on a weekly basis. So any thoughts on who the Falcons may target, I’m sure you know your team better than I do. 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:39 AM, IrishHooligan00 said:

Horrible FA for CLE no real Players besides Kirk and Trumaine, They're going to have over 100 MIllion in Cap cmon now. Also don't see Kirk willing to go to CLE despite the rumors. 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:16 AM, 49erurtaza said:

Money talks who knows 

Money does Talk I agree but to an extent, CLE has been a top 5 team in salary cap for a few years now and it doesn’t change the fact that CLE has a bad reputation and most of the top players don’t want to go there especially when salary cap for every team goes up every year and can offer the same deals to outbid them. I have Cleveland landing Kirk Cousins because with I think they will offer him a 28-30MIL a year. The Jets have already stated they want to bring back McCown which leads me to believe they want to Draft a QB rather than acquiring one through Free Agency. 49ers already have Garoppolo. Giants will keep Eli and draft a QB, The Redskins don’t have the cap to compete and frankly they have already proven they don’t want to pay Cousins what he is asking for and I think Cleveland will and it will be good for them. Landing Trumaine Johnson will be due to over paying as well but it’s what they will have to do. Same thing as the 49ers did last year, and a year later SF is a desirable location. I’m not an expert on the Browns and you probably know more about your team so some insight on who you think they might be targeting will be helpful for when I update this mock. I appreciate the feedback.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, Karnage84 said:

Not a fan of Detroit's direction so far. I don't like the Frank Gore signing. We need a more effective runner with a bit more in the tank than Gore. We're likely to draft someone but I think we'll also bring in an upper tier FA. Ngata is likely to be resigned while Ansah is probably going to be Franchise Tagged. He's a top level FA - there's no way the Lions let him just walk for nothing. We already have Slay. While the Lions do need help outside, the Patriots (and now Detroit with Quinn/Patricia) invest more in the front 7 as opposed to the secondary. They're not going to give Butler $10M+ when we have other needs and a pro bowler at the position. I also expect us to bring back Fells.

We need help at LB, DE, DT, OG

Thanks for the feedback after reading your post I do tend to agree with you that Ansah is most likely staying put. What are your thoughts on the draft?

On 1/16/2018 at 12:14 PM, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I can GUARANTEE you the Bengals will not trade up into the top 5 to draft a guard. I’m not convinced they would take him at 12  

I do like some of the free agent acquisitions though. 

McCaron is already petitioning to become an UFA, you don’t think they will try to move him to get something? Losing Zeiter last year that line fell apart, Andy Dalton had a bad year because his line gave him no time to throw. Marvin Lewis is on his last years as coach, I think they are going to target players that are ready to contribute right away. Who are some other draft prospects you think they might target? 

9 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I'd be thrilled to have Harrison on the team. Finally give us a damn good safety.

Yeah my brother is a Cowboy fan and he has been saying the same thing for years. If Harrison is there they have to take him over a DT that they can find later in the draft.

13 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Absolutely agreed 

Who is your guys GM? Every year it seems you guys get my favorite players in the draft, William Jackson III was my draft crush and you got Billings who I also really liked and I still think he has a bright future. The need is there at G and John Elway has a tendency to acquire QBs outside the draft. And Paxton Lynch probably doesn’t make him feel to good about picking another QB  this soon. Elway is looking for a Game Manager and riding his defense that will also need to add a few more pieces. I think Alex Smith would be perfect for the Broncos but don’t think the Chiefs will deal him within the Division. If Cincinnati solidifies the line then it will help get John Ross going and I think they will have a rebound year.

11 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Ben committed to next season at least. I doubt we'd waste a 1st on a QB now.  

Mason Rudolph reminds me of Big Ben in some ways and would be perfect to learn behind him, I know the Steelers are competing for Championships and Roethlisberger said he was coming back already but the Steelers front office has to be thinking long term and realize he could be gone after next season or the one after. Although I could see them looking for another piece to push them past the Patriots to get Big Ben another ring. 

Archived