Mock Free Agency/Draft 1.0

Mockortalk

10 hours ago, Mockortalk said:

Thanks for the feedback after reading your post I do tend to agree with you that Ansah is most likely staying put. What are your thoughts on the draft?

If we move towards more of a 3-4 defense this season, Landry would make a lot of sense. We need help at DE and OLB but I think he'd be more of a 3-4 guy.

11 hours ago, Mockortalk said:

Money does Talk I agree but to an extent, CLE has been a top 5 team in salary cap for a few years now and it doesn’t change the fact that CLE has a bad reputation and most of the top players don’t want to go there especially when salary cap for every team goes up every year and can offer the same deals to outbid them. I have Cleveland landing Kirk Cousins because with I think they will offer him a 28-30MIL a year. The Jets have already stated they want to bring back McCown which leads me to believe they want to Draft a QB rather than acquiring one through Free Agency. 49ers already have Garoppolo. Giants will keep Eli and draft a QB, The Redskins don’t have the cap to compete and frankly they have already proven they don’t want to pay Cousins what he is asking for and I think Cleveland will and it will be good for them. Landing Trumaine Johnson will be due to over paying as well but it’s what they will have to do. Same thing as the 49ers did last year, and a year later SF is a desirable location. I’m not an expert on the Browns and you probably know more about your team so some insight on who you think they might be targeting will be helpful for when I update this mock. I appreciate the feedback.

One of the biggest needs will be WR, you Have landry and Robinson who IMO will be FA. If Cousins goes to CLE right there would interest more people to sign with them. the trade out of the #1 spot was a little light for what it will take. IF they get cousins i believe they guarantee Barkley at #1 unless they get blown away by an offer of extreme proportions. 

Mockortalk, you need to check the cap space like Seattle at 13.750 yet they are going to resign 5 guys. NE has 16 mil. approx. and, both starting OT's are going to be UFA's. Then signing like 3 other players. Bill might be walking out (God I HOPE HE DOES) but they aren't going to suddenly become dumb. I'm just saying

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

One of the biggest needs will be WR, you Have landry and Robinson who IMO will be FA. If Cousins goes to CLE right there would interest more people to sign with them. the trade out of the #1 spot was a little light for what it will take. IF they get cousins i believe they guarantee Barkley at #1 unless they get blown away by an offer of extreme proportions. 

I didn’t have them trade #1 they traded #4

And that’s if cousins signs right away. I think other FA’s will sign faster than cousins does. Cousins will listen to all teams with interest before making a decision. And Cleveland has Gordon, Coleman, I can see them adding another but I don’t think they do that in FA. They just need someone to throw them the ball which Kirk cousins can do that.

1 hour ago, BigUgly73 said:

Mockortalk, you need to check the cap space like Seattle at 13.750 yet they are going to resign 5 guys. NE has 16 mil. approx. and, both starting OT's are going to be UFA's. Then signing like 3 other players. Bill might be walking out (God I HOPE HE DOES) but they aren't going to suddenly become dumb. I'm just saying

I think Seattle will create cap space whether Richard Sherman is traded, Kam Chancellor is cut or retires, they’re a lot of different scenarios that could happen, I didn’t put it in this prediction because not sure what compensation would be for Sherman, and I don’t know anything further about chancellor other than the fact they’re rumors he might never play again. And the guys they’re resigning aren’t going to command big contracts. Jimmy Graham will which is why he won’t be in Seattle. And New England does it every year, they don’t overpay pending free agents, they let them walk and find cheaper options

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If we move towards more of a 3-4 defense this season, Landry would make a lot of sense. We need help at DE and OLB but I think he'd be more of a 3-4 guy.

Do you know if the lions are going to be moving to a 3-4 under Patricia or sticking with a 4-3?

Graham and Reid are two very realistic FA signings. I honestly have no clue which direction the Saints want to go in the draft. I don’t think that they have ENORMOUS holes like past years. They don’t have a 2nd rounder because of Kamara last year (great bargain)...so I’d say that QB in the 1st would be less likely, but that’s not to say that they wouldn’t do it. 

1 hour ago, Mockortalk said:

Do you know if the lions are going to be moving to a 3-4 under Patricia or sticking with a 4-3?

No idea but it would probably be a hybrid system. We would probably play more 3-4 than in years past even if it's not our "base" defense.

16 hours ago, Mockortalk said:

McCaron is already petitioning to become an UFA, you don’t think they will try to move him to get something? Losing Zeiter last year that line fell apart, Andy Dalton had a bad year because his line gave him no time to throw. Marvin Lewis is on his last years as coach, I think they are going to target players that are ready to contribute right away. Who are some other draft prospects you think they might target? 

One of the tackles. I personally like Brown. Oh and Marvin is signed for 2 years. 

On 16/1/2018 at 7:11 AM, Mockortalk said:

Jimmy Garoppolo Signs with SF
Isaiah Crowell Signs with SF
Allen Robinson signs with SF

Dan Kilgore signs with SF
Ezekiel Ansah signs with SF
Cassius Marsh Signs with SF

9.) SF: Josh Jackson CB SF

Pretty close to perfection, add a OC early and another OG.

Only complaint - not a fan of Crowell at all.

22 hours ago, Mockortalk said:

Who is your guys GM? Every year it seems you guys get my favorite players in the draft, William Jackson III was my draft crush and you got Billings who I also really liked and I still think he has a bright future. The need is there at G and John Elway has a tendency to acquire QBs outside the draft. And Paxton Lynch probably doesn’t make him feel to good about picking another QB  this soon. Elway is looking for a Game Manager and riding his defense that will also need to add a few more pieces. I think Alex Smith would be perfect for the Broncos but don’t think the Chiefs will deal him within the Division. If Cincinnati solidifies the line then it will help get John Ross going and I think they will have a rebound year.

We don’t technically have a GM. Mike Brown/ Duke Tobin/ Marvin Lewis are the shot callers. We aren’t moving on from Marvin for another 2 years. I don’t believe we can trade McCarron since he will either be a RFA or a UFA pending his arbitration. We also historically do not trade up for players as we value the picks, since the Bengals are not players in Free Agency. Also the Bengals have publically stated that they do not value Guards highly, so they would not trade up for Nelson even if he was a future all pro. They don’t value the position, plus we have decent depth at OG. The offensive line positions we need are OT and C. Other positions we need are LB and possibly TE depending on what happens with Eifert. 

7 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

Pretty close to perfection, add a OC early and another OG.

Only complaint - not a fan of Crowell at all.

I would say since Kyle has worked with Crowell he knows what he can get out of him. Wouldn't surprise me if he did bring him in.

Archived