- DC Fantasy Football - Discussion

WizardHawk

We've had a long standing run of fantasy football leagues here on the DC forum....DCOA Keeper and DCRA annual leagues. 

Last year both leagues were slow to get off the ground and interest tailed off badly towards the end, culminating in a no-show for the DCRA Championship. This is a major buzzkill and something I think everyone is probably interested in avoiding. 

So, with that in mind and the season a little over a month away, I think it's time to see where we stand. I have no issue setting up a league, But (and I think I'm ok speaking of everyone else), I'm not interested in wasting time with set up, draft and whatnot if people can't commit to completing the season. 

Some things for discussion... 

- Buy in. Matts mentioned this. Nothing big, but something along the lines of $10. 

- Seems ESPN and yahoo have both had issues of some sort past couple of drafts. Do we want to try somewhere else? There are a ton of options out there. Only other site I've competed on is Fleaflicker and haven't had any issues there. Other suggestions? 

- Do we even bother with the annual league? I mean, it is pretty dead around here. Is it worth it?

DCRA ANNUAL LEAGUE - FULL
WizardHawk
The_Slamman
textaz03
plan9misfit 
Texas_Outlaw7
Matts4313
ac62 
Daboys
cav_fan2
Dallas94Ware
Runaway Jim
romo2bryant

I'm pretty done with fantasy football, so no interest from me.

That said - I'd wager it's "dead" here since we don't have the whole gang over on the new forum yet. Should hopefully pick-up once the merge is complete. 

The DCRA League is now full. 

Looking for 2 more to fill out keeper league. 

I am going to have figure out what I'm going to do on my end. Iowa doesn't allow online betting, such as FanDuel, DraftKings, etc. Which means creating a buy in fantasy league would be a little difficult from my end. 

19 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

The DCRA League is now full. 

Looking for 2 more to fill out keeper league. 

I am going to have figure out what I'm going to do on my end. Iowa doesn't allow online betting, such as FanDuel, DraftKings, etc. Which means creating a buy in fantasy league would be a little difficult from my end. 

Worst comes to worst we can stick with 10 for the Keeper league. Ideally we get two more though.

We can just set it up through Venmo or something if needed.

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

2 more for buy in, keeper league??

Everyone has been sent link for DCRA league.

DRAFT - Sept. 3rd at 9:00 pm, Central 

If that date/time doesn't work for majority for whatever reason, let me know. 

I am going to be hammered...but I will make it work.  Probably win the whole thing day 1. 

Archived