Tyler Eifert and John Ross cleared for practice

MrCincinnati

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/28/tyler-eifert-john-ross-have-been-cleared-to-practice/

Not really big news for Eifert, but it's a surprise that Ross is cleared all of a sudden, even though a day or two ago reports said he would be out for a couple of weeks. He's not 100 percent still, but it's a big step. Will John Ross be able to play the first preseason game?

Good find MrC.  I knew about Eifert, but hadn't heard about Ross.

2 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Will John Ross be able to play the first preseason game?

I imagine they'll hold him out until they're 100% comfortable.  Maybe by game 3, or possibly game 4 against the scrubs to get him some action before week 1.

37 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/28/tyler-eifert-john-ross-have-been-cleared-to-practice/

Not really big news for Eifert, but it's a surprise that Ross is cleared all of a sudden, even though a day or two ago reports said he would be out for a couple of weeks. He's not 100 percent still, but it's a big step. Will John Ross be able to play the first preseason game?

I'm sure Ross will be brought along slowly

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Ross is only doing individual work, so no contact.

We might see him preseason game 3 or 4.  But he did light it up in a few drills.  There was a tweet over on CJ doing hip flex drill and he was noticeably faster than everyone else.

This one too. Fasssst. 

Another BBP note - Eifert said something to the Enquirer about his back never being the same again.  But also said he's 100%.  So ???

Fingers crossed for a 16 game season from Eifert, but i'm not holding my breathe.

Archived