Sign in to follow this  
MrCincinnati

Tyler Eifert and John Ross cleared for practice

Posted (edited)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/28/tyler-eifert-john-ross-have-been-cleared-to-practice/

Not really big news for Eifert, but it's a surprise that Ross is cleared all of a sudden, even though a day or two ago reports said he would be out for a couple of weeks. He's not 100 percent still, but it's a big step. Will John Ross be able to play the first preseason game?

Edited by MrCincinnati

Good find MrC.  I knew about Eifert, but hadn't heard about Ross.

2 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Will John Ross be able to play the first preseason game?

I imagine they'll hold him out until they're 100% comfortable.  Maybe by game 3, or possibly game 4 against the scrubs to get him some action before week 1.

37 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/28/tyler-eifert-john-ross-have-been-cleared-to-practice/

Not really big news for Eifert, but it's a surprise that Ross is cleared all of a sudden, even though a day or two ago reports said he would be out for a couple of weeks. He's not 100 percent still, but it's a big step. Will John Ross be able to play the first preseason game?

I'm sure Ross will be brought along slowly

Ross is only doing individual work, so no contact.

We might see him preseason game 3 or 4.  But he did light it up in a few drills.  There was a tweet over on CJ doing hip flex drill and he was noticeably faster than everyone else.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Ross is only doing individual work, so no contact.

We might see him preseason game 3 or 4.  But he did light it up in a few drills.  There was a tweet over on CJ doing hip flex drill and he was noticeably faster than everyone else.

This one too. Fasssst. 

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Yes, that was another one I saw.

I think this is the one you were talking about?

5 hours ago, theJ said:

I think this is the one you were talking about?

Yup.  That's the one.

Another BBP note - Eifert said something to the Enquirer about his back never being the same again.  But also said he's 100%.  So ???

Fingers crossed for a 16 game season from Eifert, but i'm not holding my breathe.

@theJ I am hard pressed to believe Eifert will play 16 games which will hurt our offense. But hopefully with all the receiver options, even if he does go down we can get by with Kroft.